Connect with us

Media

The Media Forgot that We Aren’t Stupid

Published

on

Congressional hearings are looking into the atrocity that took place in Benghazi, Libya. The State Department, in an unheard-of turnabout, refused to go quietly under the bus. Not only did they confirm that the incident was part of a coordinated attack, but they stoutly insisted that the tale told by the administration, that the “riot” was caused by rage generated by a three month-old video trailer, was not information they had and that this pretext was “not the conclusion we came to.”
Despite the best efforts of the president, Mrs. Clinton, and a complicit media, the State Department doesn’t seem to want to take this one for the “team.” Yes, unhappily for the members of the administration, try as they might, they are meeting some stubborn resistance. So, if not the State Department, where does this story come from? Why is this appalling cover-up still not being reported as such by a unified press?
There is no question that some of the media rats appear to be deserting the sinking ship Obama as fast as their little legs will carry them. Television pundits, in particular, are expressing “outrage” over the lies they have been broadcasting to the nation for weeks. And they are acting surprised and indignant. Ironically, it seems that the radio arm of network broadcast and the mainstream print media haven’t gotten the memo yet.
After Rush Limbaugh spent the first hour of his program going into the importance of this story on Wednesday, WABC radio news led off with this life and death account:

“Police are called to a fight that took place between Lindsay Lohan and her mother; there was no information about what the fight was about.”

Mr. Limbaugh suggests that the media are infuriated that they have been lied to. He questioned “how stupid do they have to be” to have bought it in the first place. That may be the wrong question. Clearly, the information was available had the press done its job instead of being enthusiastic stenographers for the administration. Their “indignation” just doesn’t ring true. So, the real question is not how stupid do they have to be; it’s “how stupid does the media think we are?”
FOX news broke the story of the real cause of the attacks weeks ago. Less than 24 hours after the attacks took place, in fact. Authorities up to and including the president of Libya confirmed that there were no demonstrations before the attack and no one in Libya had ever heard of the video that was reputed by our president to have caused the violence. On Wednesday, in front of Congress, Susan Lamb of the State Department admitted that multiple requests for protection by Mr. Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, were denied prior to the physical attack. The reasons for the denial? Mr. Stevens apparently didn’t make a good enough case for his request. Ms. Lamb also said that the state department had “sufficient” assets in place. That must be a very hard sell to Mr. Stevens’ family and the families of the other three Americans who lost their lives that night.
The State Department claims the video, insulting to Islam, was not their story. Yet the United States ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, affirmed that the video was the cause of “copycat” violence in Libya. She was plastered all the Sunday morning television shows, peddling the president’s take on the event, to anyone who would give her the time. Everyone in the mainstream media gave her the time. The president addressed the United Nations to perpetuate what had already been exposed as a lie, blaming the video and its “disgusting” message, claiming that United States policy had nothing to do with it.
So, again, where did the video trailer canard come from? It becomes increasingly difficult to believe that the president had nothing to do with it. Never mind that the culpable video had been posted on You Tube since June and was never noticed by anyone, anywhere. The president spent seventy thousand taxpayer dollars on an apology commercial, to run in Pakistan, forcing his pretext that the anti-Islamic video was the catalyst for brutality and he was not responsible for it.
The president is still hawking the absurd video yarn, apologizing, and still lying. Don’t take my word for it; ask the mother of one of the Benghazi dead, interviewed on CNN last night. Even the media, willing to confront the story, are now calling it a cover-up. The president has, since the uprisings in the Middle East and even as far as Asia, excused the terrorists because their “rage” is understandable. Understandable? The Muslim world understands that President Obama is weak and apologetic for America. This makes us vulnerable to more attacks.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media

Leftist Journalist Slams Paralyzed GOP Candidate Standing To Recite Pledge Of Allegiance At RNC

So now it’s ok to kneel but it’s not ok to stand?

Published

on

By

Leftist Journalist Slams Young Paralyzed GOP Candidate Standing To Recite Pledge Of Allegiance At RNC

Madison Cawthorn standing to recite the Pledge was enough cause for PBS journalist Yamiche Alcindor to slam him on Twitter, writing: “Madison Cawthorn made it a point to stand, suggesting that all Americans to (sic) should stand during the pledge of allegiance & national anthem. It was a direct rebuke of actions by ppl — including black athletes who are currently sitting out games — protesting police brutality.”

TDW:

Madison Cawthorn, 25, the young GOP candidate for North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District, spoke Wednesday at the Republican National Convention from his wheelchair, as he has been paralyzed since the age of 18 from a car accident. At the end of his speech, Cawthorn, with the help of two men on either side of him, slowly rose to his feet to recite a brief portion of the Pledge of Allegiance.

[…]

Cawthorn began by mentioning the terrible car accident that robbed him of the use of his legs, saying, “Instantly, my hopes and dreams were seemingly destroyed. I was given a 1% chance of surviving. But thanks to the power of prayer, a very loving community, and many skilled doctors, I made it.”

“My accident has given me new eyes to see and new ears to hear; God protected my mind and my ability to speak, so I say to people who feel forgotten, ignored and invisible: I see you. I hear you,” Cawthorn stated.

He continued, “In times of peril, young people have stepped up and saved this country, abroad and at home. We held the line, scaled the cliffs, crossed oceans, liberated camps, and cracked codes. Yet today, political forces want to usher in the digital dark ages. A time of information without wisdom and tribalism without truth. National leaders on the Left have normalized emotion-based voting and a radicalized identity politics that rejects Martin Luther King’s dream. MLK’s dream is our dream: for all Americans to be judged solely on their character.” More

Social media erupts:

Continue Reading

Media

CNN’s Stelter Says They May Cut Away From The RNC If There’s ‘Disinformation’

Published

on

By

CNN’s Stelter Says They May Cut Away From The RNC If There’s ‘Disinformation’

CNN’s Brian Stelter says the network will do live ‘fact-checks’ of the Republican convention, then gets blasted for not doing the same with Democrats.

“Television nets are going to have interesting choices to make…about whether to cut away if there’s this stream of disinformation happening live.” Promises CNN will cut in with “fact” checks.

Twitter weighs in:

Continue Reading

Media

Trump Dunks On Reporter Over Not Wearing Masks: It’s A ‘Peaceful Protest’

Boom!

Published

on

By

Trump Dunks On Reporter Over Not Wearing Masks: It’s A ‘Peaceful Protest’

President Donald Trump shoots down a reporter’s claim that NJ club members violating coronavirus guidelines: ‘It’s a peaceful protest.’

“No, this is a political activity,” Trump responded as the crowd booed the reporter. “You’re wrong on that because it’s a political activity. They have exceptions … and it’s also a peaceful protest.”

Twitter EXPLODES:

Continue Reading

Media

MSNBC Ends Interview After Pro-Trump Dem Lawmaker BLASTS Him For Suggesting That He’s Getting Paid To Support Trump

OUCH!

Published

on

By

MSNBC Ends Interview After Pro-Trump Dem Lawmaker BLASTS Him For Suggesting That He’s Getting Paid To Support Trump

Democratic Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones told MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin that he is “paid to shape a liberal narrative” during a heated interview in which the lawmaker took exception to a question about whether or not he’s compensated to support President Trump.

OUCH: MSNBC Host Gets BLASTED After Suggesting Dem Lawmaker Is Paid To Support Trump

OUCH: MSNBC Host ENDS Interview after pro-Trump Democratic lawmaker BLASTS him for suggesting that he’s getting paid to support Trump

Posted by Ben Shapiro on Sunday, August 2, 2020

Vernon Jones, who is a member of Black Voices for Trump Advisory Board, was asked by MSNBC host Craig Melvin if he is paid to support Trump as a Democrat.

“Are you a paid campaign surrogate? Are you being compensated?” Craig Melvin bluntly questioned.

“Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president,” Vernon Jones shot back. “I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles.”

Jones then started to discuss how African Americans are expected to oppose Trump but Melvin cut him off. “Sir, I did not raise your race,” Melvin said as bickering intensified.

“Let me finish now. Let me finish,” Vernon Jones said.

“No, no, wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re not going to imply that I asked that question because you’re Black,” Craig Melvin responded.

“So don’t ask me that. You only ask me that because I don’t fit your narrative. I don’t want anything from this president. It’s what I can do for my country and you need to accept that many other African Americans and others support this president because of his policies. And to insult me to say am I getting paid, that is disgraceful,” Vernon Jones said

“That’s representative of MSNBC and their narrative to keep Blacks silent who happen to support this president,” Vernon Jones added. “Why can’t I be like White liberals or other Whites, nobody questions if they’re getting paid, so do you ask Democrats [if] are they getting paid? Are you getting paid by Joe Biden?”

Craig Melvin then quickly ended the interview.

Continue Reading

Media

ABC Gets Mocked For Their “Peaceful Demonstration Intensifies” Claim

Published

on

By

ABC Gets Mocked For Their "Peaceful Demonstration Intensifies" Claim

ABC got mocked after they tweeted “peaceful demonstration intensifies” about a violent incident that happened in California.

The protest in Oakland turned violent when demonstrators set fire to a courthouse, vandalized a police station and shot fireworks at officers.

Continue Reading

Media

Fox Soul Cancels Farrakhan Broadcast After Outrage On Social Media

Published

on

By

Fox Soul Cancels Farrakhan Broadcast After Outrage On Social Media

Fox Soul network won’t air the upcoming Louis Farrakhan speech after a lot of outcry on social media.

Fox Soul, which bills itself as “a live and interactive streaming channel dedicated to the African American viewer that premiered in January 2020,” announced on Monday that it will not broadcast the speech after facing backlash.

TDW:

Fox Soul, Fox TV’s streaming service targeted to black viewers, has canceled a Fourth of July program that was set to feature Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

The new network had planned to air a “Message to America” from Nation of Islam leader Farrakhan, who has been widely criticized for anti-Semitic and racist statements. Farrakhan was scheduled to deliver his remarks — dubbed “The Criterion: An Announcement to the World” — at 11 a.m. EDT on America’s birthday.

Among other widely reported comments, Farrakhan compared Jews to termites and defended the use of the phrase “death to America” on a visit to Iran in 2018.

Former New York State Assemblyman Dov Hikind, a Democrat and founder of Americans Against Antisemitism, called on Fox Soul to cancel the program.

“@AmericansAA calls upon @FOXTV to immediately cancel the planned JULY 4 broadcast of Dishonorable Minister of Hate @LouisFarrakhan on @[email protected] considers the Nation of Islam to be an extremist hate group. So why amplify this hateful voice?!#CancelFarrakhanNow!” he wrote.

Others also blasted the network for giving Farrakhan a platform. More

I’m normally against the cancel culture, but I won’t shed a tear that Louis Farrakhan got canceled. He truly deserves it!

 

Continue Reading

Media

CNN Reporter and Crew Freed After Being Arrested by Minneapolis Police While Covering Protests

While CNN may not be the most balanced news outlet out there, the Constitution guarantees them certain rights that we must all defend….no matter how we feel about their programming.

Published

on

As if things couldn’t get any more dystopian around here these days, we now have concerns that the First Amendment is under attack in Minneapolis.

First there was the global pandemic, followed swiftly by a cultural flood of angst after the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police.  During their attempt to cover the protests that have erupted surrounding the case, a CNN reporter and his crew were arrested.

A CNN crew was arrested while giving a live television report Friday morning in Minneapolis — and then released about an hour later — as the crew covered ongoing protests over the death in police custody of George Floyd.

State police detained CNN correspondent Omar Jimenez, his producer and his photojournalist shortly after 5 a.m. CT (6 a.m. ET) as Jimenez was reporting live from a street south of downtown, near where a police precinct building was earlier set ablaze.

Jimenez could be seen holding his CNN badge while reporting, identifying himself as a reporter, and telling the officers the crew would move wherever officers needed them to. An officer gripped his arm as Jimenez talked, then put him in handcuffs.

“We can move back to where you like. We are live on the air here. … Put us back where you want us. We are getting out of your way — wherever you want us (we’ll) get out of your way,” Jimenez said to police before he was led away.

Jimenez and his associates were eventually freed without charges, after it was made very clear that arresting members of the press is not something that we do here in America…even if it is CNN.

The journalist said that police treated them justly during their brief detention.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend