Connect with us

Terrorism

Navy Cancels Training for All Saudi Military Students After Pensacola Terror Attack

The Pentagon has canceled the training of military students from Saudi Arabia, finally making a good choice concerning this practice.

Published

on

The Pentagon has canceled the training of military students from Saudi Arabia, finally making a good choice concerning this practice.

The sensible decision was announced on Tuesday in the wake of a terror attack on the Pensacola facilities by a Saudi student last week.

The terrorist was identified as 21-year-old Mohammed Alshamrani, a 2nd lieutenant in the Royal Saudi Air Force who was a student at the Pensacola Naval Aviation Schools Command.

The Pentagon ruled that all operational training of Saudi students is canceled, and other training will be limited to classroom only, according to the Washington Times.

Trending: Bye Bye Freedom: WHO Chief Suggests Removing People from Their Homes if They Have Wuhan Virus

The U.S.military has been helping to train foreign officers for decades in a spirit of cooperation with our allies. But now the Pentagon will review the programs, especially the screening procedures for foreign students. Defense Secretary David Norquist told the Pentagon to “take additional security measures as they see fit.”

The government stressed that the U.S. military has trained over 28,000 Saudi students “without serious incident until now.”

The Pentagon also pointed out that the government is not ending its military cooperation with the Kingdom.

“The operational pause only applies to Saudi students” and will last until Mr. Esper decides otherwise, the paper said. The initial review will take approximately five to ten days and will look at the current programs to analyze any “shortcomings.”

Indeed, the Pentagon insisted that the review is being conducted with the cooperation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The Pentagon also noted that there is “no evidence” that the other Saudi students are part of some ring of terrorists.

The FBI has not yet found evidence that the Pensacola terrorist was an official member of any terror group and they are leaning toward assuming he is a “lone wolf” terrorist.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement

Terrorism

Spread Coronavirus on Purpose? Get Charged with Terrorism!

The DOJ is no longer messing around.

Published

on

While it is unfortunate that it took us a global pandemic to get us to this point, there is some unity brewing among the people of the world.  We no longer see the lines that separate us, whether they be borders drawn on maps or lines in some fiscal chart.  After all, a viral emergency doesn’t care or even acknowledge such man-made classifications.  This particular strain of coronavirus is less than animalistic in its approach:  Infect, kill, repeat.

The only way to win this war is to starve the COVID-19 virus, and that means making ourselves scarce to one another.

Sure, there have been some holdouts, many of whom are doing so idiotically.

For those who go a step further, into purposefully putting others at risk, major consequences could be on the horizon.

In a memo to top Justice Department leaders, law enforcement agency chiefs and U.S. Attorneys across the country, Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen said prosecutors and investigators could come across cases of “purposeful exposure and infection of others with COVID-19.”

“Because Coronavirus appears to meet the statutory definition of a ‘biological agent’… such acts potentially could implicate the Nation’s terrorism-related statutes,” Rosen wrote. “Threats or attempts to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated.”

The DOJ is also placing an emphasis on those who prey on the supply chain.

The Justice Department has also set up a task force to address hoarding and price gouging related to supplies urgently needed for the fight against the virus.

Attorney General Bill Barr said during a briefing at the White House on Monday that hoarding of supplies like masks would be prosecuted. However, memos issued by Barr and Rosen on Tuesday said the Department of Health and Human Services has yet to formally designate the health-related items the administration wants covered by the Defense Production Act.

The longer it takes the world to unite in taking the correct precautions, the longer this mess will continue.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

Rand Paul: Terrorists Killed 70 Americans Because Obama’s Corrupt FBI Dropped the Ball

An inspector general report said that the FBI missed opportunities to stop at least five domestic terrorists who killed 70 Americans.

Published

on

On Wednesday, an inspector general report said that the FBI missed opportunities to stop at least five domestic terrorists who killed 70 American citizens.

“[Inspector General] report finds HVEs (Homegrown Violent Extremists) carried out 20+ attacks (since 9/11) in US, ‘some of which occurred after the FBI closed a counterterrorism investigation. FBI has not taken sufficient action to address weaknesses,” CBS News’ Catherine Herridge said.

Herridge went on saying, “New IG report ‘…we found at least six attacks committed in the United States by individuals who the FBI had previously assessed or investigated…’ including 2009 Fort Hood, 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, 2016 Pulse Nightclub.”

“The FBI has acknowledged that various weaknesses related to its assessment process may have impacted its ability to fully investigate certain counterterrorism assessment subjects, who later committed terrorist acts in the United States,” Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in the report.

The FBI “failed to conduct follow-up investigations of people identified as violent extremists,” according to the Washington Times.

The paper noted the following lapses:

  • Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in 2016.
  • Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who killed three people at the Boston Marathon in 2013.
  • Nidal Hasan, who massacred 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009.
  • Esteban Santiago, who killed five people in a 2017 attack at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul was furious at the report and ripped former FBI chief James Comey.

“When I asked James Comey after the Pulse mass shooting if in retrospect the FBI concluded too soon that [redacted] was not a threat. The arrogant Comey refused to admit any mistake & maintained the opinion that [redacted] was not a threat. Comey: tell that to the 49 people who died,” Paul wrote on Twitter.

Once again, we see that Obama’s corrupt FBI was as much a danger to this nation as the terrorists themselves.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

College Professor Fired After Urging Iran to Bomb 52 American Targets

A Mass. college professor was fired last week after posting to social media that he hoped the Iranians would launch terror attacks against America.

Published

on

A Massachusetts college professor was fired last week after posting to social media that he hoped the Iranians would launch terror attacks against 52 American targets.

Asheen Phansey, the director of sustainability at Babson College, was fired after Facebooking that the Iranians should bomb targets in America in revenge for the U.S. missile strike that eliminated Iranian terror chief, General Qassem Suleimani last week.

Phansey, an adjunct professor, was enraged after the President Donald Trump posted a tweet warning the Iranians not to strike back at the U.S. because he had already directed the Pentagon to target 52 important sites in Iran.

“Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian site (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago). Some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets. and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!” Trump Tweeted.

But Phansey hoped that Iran would target Americans as well.

“In retaliation, Ayatollah Khomenei [sic] should tweet a list of 52 sites of beloved American cultural heritage that he would bomb. Um… Mall of America? Kardashian residence?” he wrote on Facebook.

Babson Colege quickly rebuked the prof for his outrageous statement.

“Babson College condemns any type of threatening words and/or actions condoning violence and/or hate,” the college said in a statement on Wednesday. “This particular post from a staff member on his personal Facebook page clearly does not represent the values and culture of Babson College. While we understand he has deleted the posts, we have immediately suspended him, with pay, pending the completion of our investigation. In addition, we are cooperating with local, state and federal authorities.”

But upon reflection, the school took further action the next day and announced that they had cut ties with the terror-supporting prof.

“Babson College conducted a prompt and thorough investigation related to a post shared on a staff member’s personal Facebook page that does not represent the values and culture of the College,” Babson said. “Based on the results of the investigation, the staff member is no longer a Babson College employee. As we have previously stated, Babson College condemns any type of threatening words and/or actions condoning violence and/or hate.”

For his part, Phansey publicly apologized for his anti-American post claiming it was “just” a joke.

“I regret my bad attempt at humor. As an American, born and raised, I was trying to juxtapose our ‘cultural sites’ with ancient Iranian churches and mosques,” he wrote. “I am completely opposed to violence and would never advocate it by anyone. I am sorry that my sloppy humor was read as a threat. I condemn all acts of violence. I am particularly sorry to cause any harm or alarm for my colleagues at Babson, my beloved alma mater, and the place where I have enjoyed teaching students and serving as its sustainability director.”

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

President Trump Warns Iran that 52 Targets Are Already chosen

President Donald Trump is warning Iran ahead of time that it better not try to retaliate for the elimination of terror general Qassem Soleimani.

Published

on

President Donald Trump is warning Iran ahead of time that if it tries to retaliate for the elimination of terror general Qassem Soleimani, the U.S. already has a long list of Iranian targets ready for military action.

Trump took to Twitter on Saturday to warn Iran away from launching any further strikes against American targets.

“Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD,” Trump tweeted.

The president’s stark warning came the same day that the Iranians also have targeted several American assets.

Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations, Majid Takht Ravanchi, claimed, “We cannot just close our eyes to what happened last night,” Ravanchi said. “Definitely there will be revenge. There will be harsh revenge. Iran will act based on its own choosing. The time and place will be decided by Iran.”

Ravanchi added that the U.S., “started a military war by assassinating, by an act of terror, against one of our top generals.”

Iranian Gen. Gholamali Abuhamzeh, a senior Revolutionary Guards leader, also said that Iran has identified nearly three dozen “vital American targets” to strike.

“The Strait of Hormuz is a vital point for the West and a large number of American destroyers and warships cross there … vital American targets in the region have been identified by Iran since long time ago … some 35 U.S. targets in the region as well as Tel Aviv are within our reach,” Abuhamzeh said according to Reuters.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

U.S. Strike on Iraq and Syria Takes Out Hezbollah Brigades

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper reported that U.S. forces launched a successful attack on the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah in Iraq and Syria.

Published

on

On Monday, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper reported that U.S. forces launched a successful attack on the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah in Iraq and Syria.

Calling the strikes “defensive strikes,” Esper reported that the action occurred on Dec. 29.

The strikes were on “Kata’ib Hezbollah targets in Iraq and Syria were approved after the death of a U.S. defense civilian contractor who was killed in a rocket attack on a northern Iraqi military base,” according to The Epoch Times.

Esper said that five targets associated with Kata’ib Hezbollah were attacked by the U.S. military, including three targets in Western Iraq and two in Eastern Syria. These targets were “either command and control facilities or weapons caches” for the Iranian-backed Shi’ite Muslim terror organization, Esper told reporters on Dec. 29.

The strikes were carried out two days after the killing of a U.S. civilian contractor in a 30-plus rocket attack by the terrorist group that also injured four U.S. service members and two members of the Iraqi Security Forces (ISF) near the oil-rich city of Kirkuk, officials said.

“The precision defensive strikes were in response to repeated Kata’ib Hezbollah attacks on Iraqi bases that host Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) coalition forces,” Chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a Defense Department statement.

“The five targets include three KH locations in Iraq and two in Syria. These locations included weapon storage facilities and command and control locations that KH uses to plan and execute attacks on OIR coalition forces,” the statement added.

The attacks were carried out by F-15 fighter jets. Esper noted that all pilots returned safely.

Officials report that 25 Kata’ib Hezbollah fighters were killed and at least 55 wounded.

“We will not stand for the Islamic Republic of Iran to take actions that put American men and women in jeopardy,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told reporters.

Esper also said that more actions will be taken as warranted.

“I would note also that we will take additional actions as necessary to ensure that we act in our own self-defense and we deter further bad behavior from militia groups or from Iran,” Esper said.

Chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman also said that, “Iran and their K.H. proxy forces must cease their attacks on U.S. and coalition forces, and respect Iraq’s sovereignty, to prevent additional defensive actions by U.S. forces.”

“The U.S. and its coalition partners fully respect Iraqi sovereignty, and support a strong and independent Iraq,” he said.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

Some of the $1.5 Billion in Pallets of Cash Obama Sent to Iran Funded Terrorism

Some of the pallets of cash Obama sent to Iran in 2016 has been traced to several Iranian-backed terror outfits.

Published

on

You may recall back in 2016 when President Obama literally sent pallets loaded with cash to Iran to pay off the Mullahs to agree to his foreign policy plans. Well, now, some of that cash has been traced to several Iranian-backed terror outfits.

Did anyone really expect anything less?

In August of 2016, CNN reported, “The Obama administration secretly arranged a plane delivery of $400 million in cash on the same day Iran released four American prisoners and formally implemented the nuclear deal, US officials confirmed Wednesday.”

The money was part of the $1.5 billion cash deal that Obama made to bribe the Iranians to sign onto his nuclear weapons policy.

Obama insisted that none of that cash would end up paying for Iran’s terror campaigns.

As if.

Washington Times columnist Bill Gertz says that some of the cash has ended up in the hands of Hezbollah in Lebanon, the Houthis in Yemen, and the Quds forces of Iran.

According to knowledgeable sources, Iran has used the funds to pay its main proxy, the Lebanon-based terrorist group Hezbollah, along with the Quds Force, Iran’s main foreign intelligence and covert action arm and element of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps. (snip)

The U.S. money supplied to Iran as part of an arms settlement dating back to the 1970s also has been traced to Iran’s backing of Houthi rebels seeking to take power in Yemen. Iran has been supporting the Yemen rebels as part of a bid to encircle and eventually take control of Saudi Arabia.

Iran continues to be one of the world’s biggest state sponsors of terrorism.

According to Radio Free America:

Iran remains “the world’s worst state sponsor of terrorism,” funding international terrorist groups and engaging in “its own terrorist plotting” around the globe, particularly in Europe, a new report by the U.S. State Department says.

The Country Reports on Terrorism 2018, released on November 1, says Iran has spent nearly $1 billion dollars annually to “support terrorist groups that serve as its proxies and expand its malign influence across the globe.”

Once again, Barack Obama made the world a more dangerous place.

What a surprise.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Terrorism

Terrorism Eyed in Pensacola Navy Shooting, as Saudi Soldier Named Suspect

The FBI has reportedly joined the investigation, further lending credence to the possibility that authorities are treating this as a possible terror attack. 

Published

on

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before:  A Saudi national in Florida taking aviation lessons winds up at the center of a terrorism investigation.

Today’s shooting at a Navy base in Pensacola marks the second military-centric shooting incident in as many days, but in Friday’s event, authorities are now concerned that the motive may have been terrorism.

The Associated Press reports that the Pensacola gunman was an aviation student from Saudi Arabia.

NBC News reports that the gunman’s name was Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani.

Alshamrani was taking flight lessons at the base, according to reports, before he went on his killing spree in the early morning hours of Friday.

The Air Station is also technically a “gun free zone”, although there are military exceptions that can be made for lawfully carrying on-site.

Florida’s Governor relayed more details.

The suspect in Friday’s deadly shooting at a naval air station in Pensacola, Fla., was a Saudi national and member of that country’s air force, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said during a news conference.

“There’s obviously going to be a lot of questions about this individual being a foreign national, being a part of the Saudi Air Force and then to be here training on our soil and to do this,” he said.

The FBI has reportedly joined the investigation, further lending credence to the possibility that authorities are treating this as a possible terror attack.

Infamously, the nineteen hijackers responsible for the September 11th, 2001 terror attacks were Saudi Arabian, and several had attended flight schools in Florida prior to their heinous acts.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Send this to a friend