Connect with us

Coronavirus

Liberal Kentucky Mayor Backs Down, Reverses Ban on Church Services

After being hit with an avalanche of criticism, the liberal Democrat mayor of Louisville, Kentucky, has reversed his coronavirus ban on church services.

Published

on

After being hit with an avalanche of criticism, the liberal Democrat mayor of Louisville, Kentucky, has reversed his coronavirus ban on church services.

Mayor Greg Fischer said this week he will “allow” churches to hold services this Easter. Drive-in services will be allowed, now, according to reports.

Fischer reportedly reached an agreement with the On Fire Christian Church’s legal representation, the nonprofit public interest law firm First Liberty Institute, the group said in a press release.

“We are grateful to Mayor Fischer and Louisville city officials who worked with us to ensure their policies are both consistent with the Constitution and the CDC’s guidelines,” said senior counsel for First Liberty Institute Roger Byron in a statement. “During this challenging time, we need to see more of this kind of cooperation between government officials and the religious community.”

Trending: Women’s March Leader Calls Black Kentucky AG “Sell Out Negro”

Daily Caller added:

News of the agreement came after U.S. District Court Judge Justin Walker granted a temporary restraining order (TRO) April 11 preventing Fischer from blocking Easter drive-in services at On Fire Church. The Louisville church had been hosting drive-in church services for several weeks consistent with the CDC’s coronavirus guidelines, according to First Liberty.

Judge Walker slammed Mayor Fischer calling his rules “unconstitutional.”

“That sentence is one that this Court never expected to see outside the pages of a dystopian novel, or perhaps the pages of The Onion,” Walker said. “But two days ago, citing the need for social distancing during the current pandemic, Louisville’s Mayor Greg Fischer ordered Christians not to attend Sunday services, even if they remained in their carsto worship — and even though it’s Easter.”

“The Mayor’s decision is stunning,” the opinion concludes. “And it is, ’beyond all reason,’ unconstitutional.”

For his part, the mayor thanked the pastor for negotiating with him over the closure.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement

Coronavirus

BUSTED: Oregon’s ‘Youngest COVID-19 Victim’ Did Not Dies of COVID-19

Oregon liberals have been lying about the COVID-19 death of 26-year-old man, calling him the “youngest to die” from the virus.

Published

on

Oregon liberals have been lamenting the reported COVID-19 death of 26-year-old man, calling him the “youngest to die” from the virus. Now it has been learned he never had the virus at all.

Matthew Irvin, 26, died in July after a severe illness that lasted only a few days. Since his death, he has been lamented as the state’s youngest victim of COVID-19 and has been used to buttress the left’s claims that the virus is deadly to everyone of all ages.

According to KGW-TV, Mr. Irvin’s death was added to the coronavirus count as soon as he died because his cause of death was listed as COVID on his death certificate.

The family never believed the hospital’s proclamations, though, and persisted in trying to get his real cause of death verified.

“They did blood tests and his white blood cell count was elevated so they said it looked COVID-like, basically,” Irvin’s mother, Kimberly Irvin, told the media. “From early on I felt that the COVID diagnosis was incorrect.”

They didn’t look at it differently. They assumed it was COVID and should have done an autopsy to find out why this young man died,” said Irvin’s stepfather, Michael Laheyne.

Now the CDC says that Irvin never had the coronavirus at all.

With their suspicions confirmed, now the family wants to know what happened to their loved one. How did he really die?

“He had a big heart and it was way too early to take him. And I will be first to admit that there is some anger about him leaving us,” Laheyne said through tears. “We just want closure. It’s been ripped back open drastically and it’s really hard.”

“Hopefully we get the answers we want – or need – to have closure for us.”

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Liberals Lied: It’s Confirmed, No Evidence Shows Hydroxychloroquine a Danger to the Heart

Now it is confirmed that the left’s claim is a lie. Hydroxychloroquine does not present any danger at all for a patient’s heart.

Published

on

After President Donald Trump said that the ages-old drug hydroxychloroquine might help some patients get through the coronavirus, liberals attacked him saying that the drug was somehow bad for your heart. Now it is confirmed that the left’s claim is a lie. Hydroxychloroquine does not present any danger at all for a patient’s heart.

Trump sang the praises for the more than 50-year-old anti-malarial medication back in May. And as soon as he did, leftists went on the attack calling Trump a murderer for daring to talk about the medication.

Eventually the left, and other willing dupes such as Fox Business Network host Neil Cavuto, settled on the proclamation that hydroxychloroquine could kill you because it sometimes harmed a patient’s heart.

This was always a lie.

The demagogues used as their proof the fact that the World Health Organization (WHO) became fearful that the drug had given some patients testing its use for COVID a heart arrhythmia.

But now scientists are saying that hydroxychloroquine was not the cause of these earlier worries.

According to MSN, a new study has found:

Seven (1.1%) of the participants had a serious ventricular arrhythmia, which the scientists did not link to hydroxychloroquine.

“Hydroxychloroquine treatment was associated with QT prolongation, as expected, but the change was small,” said study author Dr Alessio Gasperetti from the Monzino Cardiology Centre in Milan.

“There was no connection between the drug and the occurrence of arrhythmias.

“The study shows hydroxychloroquine administration, alone or in combination with other potentially QT-prolonging drugs, is safe for short-term treatment of COVID-19 patients at home or in hospital, provided they undergo risk assessment and ECG [electrocardiogram] monitoring by a physician.”

The jury is still out on just how effective the drug is for COVID, though it is clear that if it helps, it only helps for patients that are early in the virus, and it does nothing for those with advanced cases.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

CDC ‘Accidentally’ Put Out False Info Saying COVID Spreads in Air Farther Than Six Feet

The Centers for Disease Control admitted on Monday that it had put out false information on its website saying that the coronavirus can spread through the air.

Published

on

The Centers for Disease Control admitted on Monday that it had put out false information on its website saying that the coronavirus can spread through the air farther than the previously accepted six-foot range.

The CDC insisted that it was an “accident” that its website was updated to include the false information on the previous Friday, according to CNBC.

The incorrect information stated that the virus could spread farther than six feet and recommended that people use air purifiers indoors to reduce airborne germs.

But less than 72 hours later, the CDC was saying that its update was all wrong.

“A draft version of proposed changes to these recommendations was posted in error to the agency’s official website,” the CDC said Monday.

“CDC is currently updating its recommendations regarding airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19). Once this process has been completed, the update language will be posted,” the agency added.

The World Health Organization had become confused by the website update and contacted the CDC for clarification.

“The WHO had not seen any ‘new evidence’ on airborne particles and was checking with the CDC to “better understand” the exact nature of the change, Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said during a news conference at the agency’s Geneva headquarters,” CNBC reported.

There is still no widely accepted evidence, even among the hysterical CDC, that COVID-19 can be spread easily through the air.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

University Suspends Professor Who Said She Hopes Trump Voters Die of Coronavirus

A Marshall University professor has been suspended for saying in a video rant that she hopes Trump’s voters die of the coronavirus.

Published

on

A Marshall University professor has been suspended for saying in a video rant that she hopes Trump’s voters die of the coronavirus before the Nov. 3 General Election.

Professor Jennifer Mosher, who is reportedly a College of Science assistant professor at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia, went on a rant in a video that went viral.

During an e-learning session on the biology of the Wuhan virus, Mosher’s dander was raised by people who refuse to wear masks during this era of coronavirus “pandemic.”

“I think yesterday he held one inside, no one wore a mask. And I’ve become the type of person where I hope they all get it and die,” she said.

“I’m sorry but I am so frustrated, and I don’t know what else to do. I, you can’t argue with and you can’t talk sense into them. I said to somebody yesterday, I hope they all die before the election. That’s the only, that’s the only saving hope I have right now,” Mosher added.

“Definitely bootlickers,” she exclaimed.

“Anyhow, OK, I’m gonna stop talking politics,” Mosher suddenly said, “because I really should not be talking politics in here.”

She should have started from that last sentiment! Because now she has been suspended for her ignorant rant.

The university released a statement on Friday saying Mosher was removed from her classroom duties while they investigate the matter.

“Marshall University this morning announced it is aware of an overtly political statement made by a faculty member in a recent virtual classroom session and widely circulated on social media,” read the statement.

“The university does not support or condone the use of any of its educational platforms to belittle people or wish harm on those who hold differing political views,” the statement continued. “The professor was removed from the classroom yesterday and is on administrative leave, pending an investigation.”

Let’s hope she is fired and never teaches again.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Federal Judge Rules that Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf’s Coronavirus Policies are Unconstitutional

Published

on

A federal judge has dealt Pennsylvania Democrat Gov. Tom Wolf a blow by ruling that his coronavirus policies are unconstitutional.

In his 66-page decision, U.S. District Judge William S. Stickman IV said that Wolf’s policies violated the First Amendment right to freedom of religion, as well as the 14th Amendment.

Thomas W. King III, who represented the plaintiffs in the case, was thrilled by the win. “It’s a complete and total victory for the counties, the businesses and the representatives,” King said, adding, “You can’t order the entire population of Pennsylvania to stay at home.”

President Trump also celebrated the ruling with a tweet reading, “Congratulations Pennsylvania. Now we await the decision on the Rigged Ballot Scam, which is so bad for our Country!”

A spokesperson for the left-wing gov. said that they were disappointed in the decision.

Per TribLive:

The plaintiffs in the case included seven businesses and their owners, U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly, R-Butler, state Reps. Daryl Metcalfe, Marci Mustello and Tim Bonner, as well as Butler, Fayette, Greene and Washington counties. The businesses included three hair salons, an appliance store, a farm and two drive-in theaters.

The complaint was filed May 7, arguing that the governor’s orders — limiting the size of gatherings, the stay-at-home order and the closure of non-life-sustaining businesses — were unconstitutional.

The judge did not ascribe any ill-will on behalf of the gov., saying that he “believes that defendants undertook their actions in a well-intentioned effort to protect Pennsylvanians from the virus. However, good intentions toward a laudable end are not alone enough to uphold governmental action against a constitutional challenge.”

Judge Stickman added that “even a vigilant public may let down its guard over its constitutional liberties only to find that liberties, once relinquished, are hard to recoup and that restrictions — while expedient in the face of an emergency situation — may persist long after immediate danger has passed.”

“There is no question that this country has faced, and will face, emergencies of every sort,” Stickman added. “But the solution to a national crisis can never be permitted to supersede the commitment to individual liberty that stands as the foundation of the American experiment.”

Stickman added that the COVID crisis is certainly unprecedented.

“Never before has the government taken a direct action which shuttered so many businesses and sidelined so many employees and rendered their ability to operate, and to work, solely dependent on government discretion,” he said.

“A total shutdown of a business with no end-date and the specter of additional, future shutdowns can cause critical damage to a business’s ability to survive, to an employee’s ability to support him/herself, and adds a government-induced cloud of uncertainty to the usual unpredictability of nature and life,” the judge wrote.

Well, looks like a judge making sense at last.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Chinese Virologist Confirms that Coronavirus Was Weaponized by Chinese Government

A Chinese virologist who defected to the west has confirmed that the coronavirus was altered by Chinese scientists and purposefully loosed on the world.

Published

on

A Chinese virologist who defected to the west has confirmed that the coronavirus was altered by Chinese scientists and purposefully loosed on the world.

Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a former virologist in Chinese-controlled Hong Kong, recently appeared on the British TV show, Loose Women, and spoke about her knowledge of the Chinese Wuhan virus.

Yan claimed that the virus was altered by Chinese scientists and that the claim that the virus mutated in a Chinese wet market is nonsense.

“It comes from the lab— the lab in Wuhan and the lab is controlled by China’s government,” Yan told the show’s hosts.

Yan holds both an MD and a PhD and said she got her information straight from China’s own health services.

The Dr. said that she will soon publish all her information soon. But she added that the evidence is clear just looking at the virus.

“The genome sequence is like our human fingerprint,” Yan said of the evidence. “So, based on this you can identify these things. I use the evidence … to tell people why this has come from the lab in China, why they are the only ones who made it.”

“Everyone, even if you have no biology knowledge, you can read it, and you can check and identify and verify by yourself,” she continued. “This is the critical thing for us to know the origin of the virus. If not, we cannot overcome it — it will be life-threatening for everyone alive.”

Yan has noted that she left Hong Kong because she began to worry that she knew too much and feared being “disappeared” by Chinese authorities.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Coronavirus

Media Lies Again: Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Was NOT a ‘COVID Superspreader’

The media proclaimed the 2020 motorcycle event in Sturgis, South Dakota, a “COVID superspreader” since last month. Now we know that the claims are false.

Published

on

The media has been proclaiming the 2020 motorcycle event in Sturgis, South Dakota a “COVID superspreader” since it occurred last month. Now we know that the claims are false.

The rally has been held since 1938 and has an 82-year history of annual gatherings (except for 1942 and 1944 when WWII saw strict gasoline rationing). So, the organizers weren’t about to let something as absurd as the coronavirus keep them from meeting.

But since before the event occurred, liberals have been attacking the Sturgis event by calling it a “superspreader” of COVID. And after the rally finished on August 16, the media dredged up the claim that more than half of the 460,000 participants contracted the virus.

Now we know for a fact that this claim is a lie.

The lie was spread by a “study” that was so flawed that no legitimate science outlet would publish it.

Per PJMedia:

In a report titled “IZA DP No. 13670: The Contagion Externality of a Superspreading Event: The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and COVID-19,” claimed that “large crowds, coupled with minimal mask-wearing and social distancing by attendees” turned the rally into a “superspreader” infecting 260,000 people.

Authors Dhaval M. Dave, Andrew I. Friedson, Drew McNichols, and Joseph J. Sabia concluded that “the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally generated public health costs of approximately $12.2 billion.”

The public health risks of Sturgis were so rigorously studied by the authors that “no medical journal would touch it,” as bestselling author and public health writer Alex Berenson noted on Tuesday. Instead, the report was posted on the website of the obscure Insitute of Labor Economics, a leftwing German thinktank.

Naturally, the media gobbled it up and regurgitated it as if it were fact.

But to date less than 30 people have been said to have contracted COVID from attending the rally.

And weeks later, one man who attended the biker event is said to have died from COVID, though he had other conditions pre-existing.

This week, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem slammed the fake study.

“This report isn’t science; it’s fiction. Under the guise of academic research, this report is nothing short of an attack on those who exercised their personal freedom to attend Sturgis. Predictably, some in the media breathlessly report on this non-peer reviewed model, built on incredibly faulty assumptions that do not reflect the actual facts and data here in South Dakota,” she said.

“At one point, academic modeling also told us that South Dakota would have 10,000 COVID patients in the hospital at our peak. Today, we have less than 70. I look forward to good journalists, credible academics, and honest citizens repudiating this nonsense,” she added.

The study led the media to claim there would at least be hundreds, if not thousands of dead due to the rally. They ended up with less than 30 cases and one already sick man dead.

And yet, no media outlets are retracting their lies.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend