Connect with us

Military

Iran Moves to Label US Government as Terrorist Organization as Tensions Rise

Tit for tat, it seems.

Published

on

The gruff and tumultuous relationship between the United States and Iran has been on a steady decline from the moment that Donald Trump took office, although this was somewhat by design.

Trump had long been outraged at the Obama administration’s purported capitulation to the Persian regime during the negotiations of a “nuclear deal” that was meant to allow Iran to create a sustainable nuclear energy industry, while also monitoring their progress to insure that they would not stray into atomic weapons technology.  Those who opposed the deal believe to this day that Iran was the sole benefactor of the arrangement, and they cheered when President Trump reneged on the whole thing some months ago.

Things have been steadily trending downhill from there between DC and Tehran, culminating over the last week with the assassination of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani by US military operations.

Iran has so far responded only diplomatically, but in doing so, they are certainly making their point.

Trending: BREAKING: Minneapolis Suspect George Floyd Appeared in Porn Videos

Iranian lawmakers unanimously voted to class the entire US military and Department of Defense as terrorist organizations on Tuesday.

Iran’s parliament added an emergency amendment to the bill on “US countermeasures” to include the entire US Department of Defense, the Islamic Republic News Agency and the Tasnim News Agency reported.

The bill was previously amended in April 2019 to designate US Central Command as a terrorist organization.

The amendment bill passed on Tuesday also stated that “commanders” and “authorities having a role in Maj. Gen. Soleimani’s assassination” are terrorists as well.

This sort of semantical scuffle is nothing new for Iran and the US, with American leaders recently relabeling the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as a terror organization as well, after their apparent involvement in a number of attacks on the Middle East’s oil infrastructure in 2019.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement

Military

National Guard Fully Mobilized in Minnesota to Enforce Curfew

The National Guard presence will certainly give the appearance of a severe escalation by Minnesota, but will that only embolden Americans who are already feeling that they are under society’s thumb?

Published

on

The death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis Police Department has sent shockwaves throughout the nation this week, with a great deal of the angst and rage being honed within the state of Minnesota.

In response to fear that Saturday night’s demonstrations could again turn violent, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has taken an unprecedented bit of precaution.

Last night, Minnesotans and the world saw National Guard members arrive at the 5th Precinct to clear out the crowd. On Saturday, the full force of the Minnesota National Guard has been mobilized in response to widespread, ongoing violence.

It’s a move that has never before been taken in the state’s history. According to online accounts, there may be up to 13,000 soldiers and airmen serving communities in Minnesota.

“We built this state. We built the North Star. Everything that we believe in, these people are trying to destroy,” Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday morning.

The largest deployment in state history will take place ahead of what’s expected to be the largest influx of protesters the city has seen so far in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police officers.

“Our great cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are under assault,” Walz said. “The situation in in Minneapolis is now about attacking civil society, instilling fear and disrupting our great city.”

The National Guard presence will certainly give the appearance of a severe escalation by Minnesota, but will that only embolden Americans who are already feeling that they are under society’s thumb?

Continue Reading

Military

President Trump Issues Stark Reminder of What Memorial Day is All About

We mustn’t forget what Memorial Day truly means, no matter how many beers, boats, or bratwursts are involved.

Published

on

Memorial Day is technically a “holiday”, but not in the way that we often think of holidays.  This is meant to be a somber and sober occasion for reflection regarding the sacrifices made by our armed service members, and as a day of support for those who they left behind.

That’s not to say that it’s improper to fire up the barbecue grill or to crack open a cold beer while doing so – just so long as you take time to consider where this privilege of freedom came from, and how many lives have been lost in order for you to burn those frankfurters or gas up your boat.  Once you lose sight of that, you’ll find yourself truly lost.

President Trump today made a number of rousing statements about the true power of Memorial Day, and they serve as a stark reminder as to what we’re truly honoring today.

President Trump on Monday visited Arlington National Cemetery and Baltimore’s historic Fort McHenry to honor fallen soldiers for Memorial Day as he touted America’s long history of courage and fortitude in the face of adversity — and sought to once more rally that national spirit in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

“Together, we will vanquish the virus, and America will rise from this crisis to new, and even greater heights,” Trump said at Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine. “As our brave warriors have shown us from the nation’s earliest days – in America, we are the captains of our own fate.

“No obstacle, no challenge, and no threat is a match for the sheer determination of the American people,” Trump continued. “This towering spirit permeates every inch of the hallowed soil beneath our feet.”

And, as flags were ordered to fly at half mast on account of the nearly 100,000 who have died from coronavirus over the course of the last few months, President Trump offered his condolences to those affected by the pandemic as well.

Trump praised the tens of thousands of service members and national guardsmen on the frontlines of the “war against this terrible virus.”

“We mourn alongside all of the families who have lost a loved one – including the families of our great veterans,” Trump said.

In short, if you find yourself enjoying this extra day of relaxation, be sure to remind yourself just how it came to be.

Continue Reading

Military

Pentagon Reminds the World That Even a Sick US Military Will Knock Your Block Off

And don’t get us started about the Second Amendment.

Published

on

As the world around us becomes ever sicker, there is an inevitable human toll that is bound to hit us, and hit us hard.

In New York City they’re preparing mass graves in a potter’s field on Hart Island.  Coronavirus is now the leading cause of death in the US.  These ostensibly terrible things are occurring, and some folks may feel helpless to stop it.

These are not the same folks who signed up to defend our nation, however, and the Pentagon would like to take a minute out of their busy day to remind the rest of the planet that America could beat just about anybody in a fight, even with a virus tying one hand behind our back.

With an aircraft carrier forced into port and staff at bases handling nuclear missiles hit by COVID-19, the US military wants rivals to understand: don’t test us, we have not been weakened.

Statement after statement from the Pentagon has sought to deliver that message amid questions this week over whether the US fighting force can maintain full readiness, with cases among service members now at 2,031.

“We’re still capable and we’re still ready no matter what the threat,” Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley said Thursday.

“I wouldn’t want any mixed messages going out there to any adversaries that they can take advantage of an opportunity, if you will, at a time of crisis,” he added.

“That would be a terrible and tragic mistake if they thought that.”

Of course, this only accounts for the military readiness here in the United States.

Should any of our adversaries really think that they could get one over on us, they should remind themselves about the Second Amendment.

Continue Reading

Military

Homeland Security Says ‘No Lockdown’ After Rumors Flood Social Media

Maybe its time for a little “social media distancing” as well.

Published

on

If you’re one of the great many Americans who have found themselves more than a little on edge as of late, perhaps the most important piece of coronavirus advice out there is to stay away from social media.

Of course, that is going to be extremely difficult with all of this newfound downtime that we’re dealing with, but it will be important to practice some “social media distancing” as well, particularly if you or a loved one is prone to anxiety or panic.

That’s because there are no shortage of cut-rate provocateurs online, hoping to garner “likes” and “shares” with the fear mongering and sensationalism.  This includes rumors of a “national lockdown” on the horizon that the head of the Department of Homeland Security says are completely false.

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Saturday shot down rumors of a potential national lockdown because of the coronavirus, saying that there are no such plans and that such rumors are “disinformation.”

“It’s simply not true,” Wolf said on Fox & Friends. “What we see is a lot of disinformation campaigns via text, via social media, so we want to make sure we refute those, knock those down… a lot of this information is just that: disinformation.”

Wolf elaborated further.

“So we have no plans for a national lockdown or a national quarantine, and again it’s just that — its disinformation.”

Others online had taken the deployment of the National Guard as a sign of “martial law” to come.

This is a particularly popular theory among conspiracy theorists who, for decades, have insisted that “the powers that be” or the “illuminati” would use a pandemic to further lock down the human population for whatever their mysterious “master plan” is.

Again, this is not what is happening, and there are no shortage of primary sources outside of the social media mess who’ll be happy to tell you so.

 

Continue Reading

Military

As Far East Reels From Viral Outbreak, North Korea Sends Rockets Skyward

The maneuver comes as speculation swirls over the possible coronavirus impact in North Korea.

Published

on

The Asian subcontinent is under siege in 2020, as a near-pandemic outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc across the region.

The virus is believed to have first jumped from animals to human at a wildlife market in the city of Wuhan, China, and has remained difficult to effectively quarantine thanks to a fourteen day incubation period and fairly mundane symptoms during the early stages of the sickness.

There are concerns that ill-prepared nations such as North Korea would be disproportionately decimated by the COVID-19 strain of coronavirus, particularly due to the hermit kingdom’s reclusive tendencies and largely inept medical infrastructure.  Furthermore , the DPRK is far from forthcoming when it comes to information that may cast them in a poor light, stoking fears of a secret pandemic in Pyongyang.

In fact, the only thing North Korea seems to be sharing with the world this week are a number of military projectiles.

North Korea fired at least three unidentified projectiles off its east coast early Monday, according to South Korea’s military, amid a deadlock in a U.S.-led diplomacy aimed at stripping the rogue nation of its nuclear weapons.

Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement it detected the three launches made from a town in the North’s South Hamgyong province.

The statement said South Korea’s military was monitoring North Korea for possible additional launches.

The dainty dictator of the DPRK, Kim Jong Un, has promised to continue his work on a nuclear deterrent in 2020, after talks between North Korea and the United States on the subject have seemingly gone cold.

Continue Reading

Healthcare

WATCH: Coast Guard Heli Delivers Supplies to Virus-Laden Cruise Ship

Video from the scene was both dramatic and impressive.

Published

on

With a novel and fatal strain of coronavirus currently meandering through the global community at an alarming rate, every precaution possible is being taken in the United States to prevent Americans from suffering the same scale of devastation seen in the Far East.

The cruise industry has been disproportionately affected by the illness, with their floating hotels’ close quarters providing an ample medium for the virus to spread.  Several ships have been quarantined at sea after passengers displayed symptoms and tested positive for COVID-19.

Off the coast of California, a struggling ship was the scene of a dramatic act of assistance this week as a Coast Guard helicopter dropped off much-needed medical supplies to sick, quarantined passengers.

The California National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing, based at Moffett Field, California along with federal partners and CDC medical personnel, were involved in a joint mission to provide COVID-19 test kits to passengers aboard the Grand Princess cruise ship.Currently, the Grand Princess remains off the California Coast, west of the Bay Area.

Video of the incident quickly went viral on social media.

Meanwhile, the East Coast suffered its first fatalities from COVID-19 in Florida, as the illness continues to wreak havoc on the global community.

Continue Reading

Military

President Trump Appoints First Black Air Force Chief

President Donald Trump has nominated Gen. Charles “CQ” Brown to be the next top general leading the U.S. Air Force.

Published

on

President Donald Trump has nominated Gen. Charles “CQ” Brown to be the next top general leading the U.S. Air Force, making him the first black men ever named to the post.

Indeed, if he is confirmed, Brown will be the first black man to lead any of the armed forces.

And Trump is doing it.

The nomination was announced on Monday by the Department of Defense.

According to Military.com:

Brown, currently the head of Pacific Air Forces, would be tapped for 22nd Air Force chief of staff, following Gen. David Goldfein, who is set to retire this summer after four years in the position. Brown would also be the first black officer to sit on the Joint Chiefs of Staff since then-Army Gen. Colin Powell served as chairman between 1989 and 1993.

“The [Air Force] will be well served by the formidable talents of CQ Brown,” Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett said on Twitter. “He has unmatched strategic vision and operational expertise. His leadership will be instrumental as the service continues to focus on the capabilities and talent we need to implement the [National Defense Strategy].”

Before his post at PACAF, Brown was the deputy commander of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida. He also served as the head of Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT) between 2015 and 2016, during the height of the air campaign against Islamic State fighters in Iraq and Syria.

Brown was commissioned in 1984 as an F-16 Fighting Falcon pilot and has accumulated more than 2,900 flight hours. He also has also flown 130 combat hours.

“I am truly honored and humbled by the nomination to serve as the Air Force’s 22nd chief of staff,” Brown said in an Air Force news release. “If confirmed, Sharene and I look forward to building upon the legacy of Gen. Dave and Dawn Goldfein and the many airpower giants before who have served our Air Force and our nation with such dedication.”

Brown must be confirmed by the Senate and would replace retiring Gen. David Goldfein.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Send this to a friend