Connect with us

Politics

Hiroshima: From Christian Republic to Atheistic Empire

Published

on

The United States was once a Christian nation, a “City upon a Hill.” Approximately 300 years after Christians undertook “for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith” a journey on the Mayflower, the United States became an evil, anti-Christian Empire.
No clearer evidence of this apostasy could be offered than the dropping of an Atomic Bomb on this day, August 6, 1945 on Hiroshima, Japan.
Many people criticized Truman for dropping the Bomb when Japan had already indicated a willingness to surrender. Truman demanded Japan’s unconditional surrender because he knew Japan would only surrender on the condition that the Emperor be allowed to continue on the throne. Truman wanted to impress Russia with the powerful new Bomb. After the bombing, and after all Truman’s demands for unconditional surrender, Emperor Hirohito was allowed to remain on the throne, where he stayed until his death in 1989.
On September 9, 1945, Admiral William F. Halsey, commander of the Third Fleet, was publicly quoted extensively as stating that the atomic bomb was used because the scientists had a “toy and they wanted to try it out . . . .” He further stated, “The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment . . . . It was a mistake to ever drop it.” Albert Einstein, one of the world’s foremost scientists, who was also an important person connected with the development of the atomic bomb, responded and his words were headlined in The New York Times “Einstein Deplores Use of Atom Bomb.” The story reported that Einstein stated that “A great majority of scientists were opposed to the sudden employment of the atom bomb.” In Einstein’s judgment, the dropping of the bomb was a political-diplomatic decision rather than a military or scientific decision.
Probably the person closest to Truman, from the military standpoint, was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral William Leahy, and there was much talk that he also deplored the use of the bomb and had strongly advised Truman not to use it, but advised rather to revise the unconditional surrender policy so that the Japanese could surrender and keep the Emperor.
Leahy’s secretary, Dorothy Ringquist, reported that Leahy told her on the day the Hiroshima bomb was dropped, “Dorothy, we will regret this day. The United States will suffer, for war is not to be waged on women and children.” Another important naval voice, the commander in chief of the U.S. Fleet and Chief of Naval Operations, Ernest J. King, stated that the naval blockade and prior bombing of Japan in March of 1945, had rendered the Japanese helpless and that the use of the atomic bomb was both unnecessary and immoral. Also, the opinion of Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz was reported to have said in a press conference on September 22, 1945, that “The Admiral took the opportunity of adding his voice to those insisting that Japan had been defeated before the atomic bombing and Russia’s entry into the war.”
In a subsequent speech at the Washington Monument on October 5, 1945, Admiral Nimitz stated “The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war.” It was learned also that on or about July 20, 1945, General Eisenhower had urged Truman, in a personal visit, not to use the atomic bomb. Eisenhower’s assessment was “It wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing . . . to use the atomic bomb, to kill and terrorize civilians, without even attempting [negotiations], was a double crime.” Eisenhower also stated that it wasn’t necessary for Truman to “succumb” to his closest advisers.
It was these advisors who feared their reputation in history would be tarnished by the condemnation of the bombing by so many respected people. The idea that thousands, tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of U.S. soldiers would have been lost without the bombing was a deliberate deception foisted on Americans beginning in 1947 by those who pulled Truman’s strings. The mainstream media have repeated this myth every year since then.
h/t   John V. Denson

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Singer Issues Vulgar Statement After His Song Was Played During Phoenix Trump Rally

Published

on

By

Singer Issues Vulgar Statement After His Song Was Played During Phoenix Trump Rally

The frontman for Panic! At The Disco, slammed the Trump campaign after Trump walked out to one of the band’s songs before his event in Phoenix, Arizona.

“Dear Trump Campaign, F— you. You’re not invited. Stop playing my song. No thanks, Brendon Urie, Panic! At The Disco & company,” he tweeted.

In a second tweet, Urie addressed “Everyone Else,” urging them to “vote this monster out” and added a link to help people get registered to vote.

“Dear Everyone Else, Donald Trump represents nothing we stand for. The highest hope we have is voting this monster out in November.”

“Donald Trump represents nothing we stand for. The highest hope we have is voting this monster out in November. ” Since the left stands for violence, assault, arson, murder, killing babies, beating up old people, stealing, destroying people’s homes, destroying businesses yeah, they’re correct. President Donald Trump stands for none of that.

WJ:

As the presidential election nears, celebrities across the nation have been voicing their disapproval for President Trump more than normal.

Last week, rock-and-roll legend Bruce Springsteen criticized Trump on his SiriusXM show, and most recently, pop-rock band Panic! at the Disco’s Brendon Urie voiced his opinions on the president.

Following Trump’s rally in Phoenix, Arizona, on Tuesday evening, Urie discovered that the band’s hit song “High Hopes” was played during the event.

Urie published a strongly-worded tweet aimed at Trump and his campaign that same night. More

Funny how these musicians sell-outs get mad when people buy the rights to use their music. Did Brendon Urie consider that this is the first time many Americans have ever heard of him?

Continue Reading

Politics

BREAKING: Biden’s Staff Leaked Who The Campaign Is Vetting For Cabinet Positions… Here They Are!

Published

on

By

Team Trump: Joe Biden’s staff leaked who the campaign is vetting for cabinet positions!

Continue Reading

Politics

Michael Flynn Victory: Federal Appeals Court Rules District Judge Must Drop Charges

A huge win for Michael Flynn!

Published

on

By

A federal appeals court today ordered a lower court to allow the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn to be dismissed, as requested by the Justice Department.

The abrupt ending came in a 2-1 ruling and order from judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.

BI:

A three-judge panel on the US Court of Appeals in Washington, DC, ordered the federal judge overseeing the case against Michael Flynn to dismiss the prosecution on Wednesday, marking another big twist for the most high-profile former Donald Trump official to face criminal charges from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

In a 2-1 decision, the appeals court also overturned US District Judge Emmet Sullivan’s decision to bring in a retired federal judge and veteran prosecutor to argue against the Justice Department’s motion to dismiss Flynn’s case. Sullivan had scheduled a July 16 hearing to weigh whether or not to toss out the case against President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser.

The appeals court ruled that Sullivan does not have the authority to prolong Flynn’s prosecution or examine the Justice Department’s motivation for wanting to drop the case.

“This is not the unusual case where a more searching inquiry is justified,” Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump-appointed judge, wrote in the majority opinion. Rao was joined by Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson, an appointee of President George H.W. Bush.

The appeals court’s decision is a major victory for the former national security adviser, whose legal team has argued for months that the government  unfairly targeted him for political reasons. More

The DC Court of Appeals in NOT a bastion of conservatism. They did the right thing. Good for them. That is what Judge Emmet Sullivan gets for being an activist judge instead of an impartial one. Now it’s time to start the process to remove Judge Sullivan for abuse of power and political bias.

Continue Reading

Politics

Laura Loomer Drops Truth Bomb On Democrat’s Plans To Defund Our Police

Published

on

By

Laura Loomer Drops Truth Bomb On Democrat’s Plans To Defund Our Police

Laura Loomer is about to release her first campaign ad telling the truth about the Democrat’s plans to defund our police.

Her goal is to get this video in front of all 136,000 Republicans and 158,000 independents within the next few days – THREE TIMES. To do that, she needs to raise $21,975 in the next 48 hours.

Please donate to help Laura win this!

Florida Republican congressional candidate Laura Loomer is surging ahead of Nancy Pelosi’s puppet Lois Frankel. Why? Because Americans want Law & Order while Democrats want total chaos!

Continue Reading

Politics

Capital Hill Autonomous Zone Beefs Up Border Wall, Deports Conservative Visitors

This all sounds a little…fascist…doesn’t it?

Published

on

Something strange is occurring in Seattle, and it is quickly becoming the talk of the nation.

In the Capital Hill district of the Washington State capital, police were forced to abandon the 13th Precinct some days ago, during hearty demonstrations spawned from the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police.  In their absence, protesters took control of approximately six city blocks, renaming the area the “Capital Hill Autonomous Zone”, and warning visitors that they would be “leaving the USA” as they stepped into Free Cap Hill.

And while this quasi-secession appears to be led by the far left, they are seemingly resorting to some fairly “fascist” tactics…at least by their own standards.

Seattle, Washington’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) — formed by anarchists, Antifa members, and Black Lives Matter activists — has set up a border wall surrounding its perimeters and is seemingly conducting ‘deportations’.

CHAZ, a six-square block autonomous zone, has clear and precise borders made up of mostly vehicle barriers and various forms of fencing.

Photos from CHAZ show the border controls:

A sign is seen on a barrier at an entrance to the so-called “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” on June 10, 2020 in Seattle, Washington. (David Ryder/Getty Images)

Barriers are seen on a street leading to the Seattle Police Departments East Precinct on June 9, 2020 in Seattle, Washington. (David Ryder/Getty Images)

A protester uses a scope on top of a barricade to look for police approaching the newly created Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in Seattle, Washington on June 11, 2020. (JASON REDMOND/AFP via Getty Images)

Furthermore, there appears to be an issue with free speech within the CHAZ.

On Thursday, reporter Julio Rosas captured a moment where CHAZ occupants kicked out a man who said he was a pro-life activist and had been live-streaming from inside the autonomous zone.

The man was taunted by a mob as he was kicked out. The process was far less technical and impartial than the deportation process of the United States federal government.

Protesters in other US cities have also begun to consider creating their own “autonomous zones”, including in Nashville, Tennessee.

Continue Reading

Politics

Next Trump Rally’s Date and Location Offends Kamala Harris

The White House has pushed back against the suggestion that the timing and the location were purposeful. 

Published

on

Despite the risk that still exists due to coronavirus, President Trump is itching to get back out on the campaign trail.  This is where he excels.  It’s his comfort zone.  The opposite could not be truer for his opponent in 2020, either, which means that the Trump campaign is almost certainly relying on these tour de force performances to put distance between these candidates.

In Tulsa, on Friday, June 19th, Trump will return to the stage, much to the chagrin of his loyal base.

Kamala Harris, however, is not at all amused.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) torched President Trump on Thursday over the president’s plan to hold a campaign rally in Tulsa, Okla., on Juneteenth.

In a tweet, Harris linked to a Los Angeles Times story that noted that Trump’s June 19 rally would take place in a city that was the site of a racist riot and massacre in 1921.

“This isn’t just a wink to white supremacists—he’s throwing them a welcome home party,” the senator tweeted.

June 19th, also known as Juneteenth, is a day that many Americans celebrate the end of slavery, as it corresponds with the day that the last slaves in Texas were read the emancipation proclamation back in 1865.

The White House has pushed back against the suggestion that the timing and the location were purposeful.

Continue Reading

Politics

Trump Rally Attendees Will Sign COVID-19 Liability Agreement Before Event

Published

on

President Trump will be returning to full-throated campaigning in just a weeks’ time out in Oklahoma, and at a time in which much of the nation is again concerned about coronavirus.

In several states, the numbers aren’t looking good.  Thanks to Americans’ generally annoyed take on COVID-19, and public gatherings for Memorial Day and protest, cases of the novel coronavirus are on the rise in several parts of the country.

Given the situation, President Trump’s team will be asking attendees at the upcoming Tulsa rally to sign a special waiver.

The sign-up page for tickets to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa next week includes something that hasn’t appeared ahead of previous rallies: a disclaimer noting that attendees “voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19” and agree not to hold the campaign or venue liable should they get sick.

Trump’s reelection campaign announced Thursday that the president’s next “Make America Great Again” rally will be held June 19 at the BOK Center.

The intent of the waiver was quite clear.

At the bottom of the registration page for tickets to the upcoming Trump campaign rally is a disclaimer notifying attendees that “by clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.”

“By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury,” the notice states.
President Trump recently sparred with the Governor of North Carolina over health-related restrictions he was placing on the Republican National Convention, with the war of words eventually causing the RNC to move out of North Carolina to an as-of-yet-unknown location.
Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend