Connect with us

Politics

Hillary Compares Islamic Violence to Christianity

Published

on

You can’t help but wonder if Hillary Clinton was always blind to the nature of radical Islam or if she’s been influenced by her aide Huma Abedin.
Clinton defended her aide during a speech on religious freedom Monday in Washington, D.C.
Abedin has been in the news lately because the Left is shocked — shocked, they say — that a group of Congress members asked questions about her family ties to the Muslim extremist group the Muslim Brotherhood, which has come to power in Egypt and been the power behind the scenes in some of the “Arab Spring” uprisings.
When Rep. Michele Bachmann and four other Republicans authored a letter to officials in the State Department asking about several issues regarding infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood in our government, Sen. John McCain and Rep. Keith Ellison jumped to attack Bachmann and try to portray the letter as an unwarranted attack on Abedin.
What the Republicans actually did was not attack Abedin, but merely ask questions about whether her family’s ties to the Brotherhood, which no one seems to have denied, had been examined when she was interviewed for her security clearance. It wasn’t even the major issue of the letter, which also asked about federal agents’ terrorism training, the Brotherhood’s political influence and other issues.
Clinton continued to divert attention from the issue of a Brotherhood-connected aide having easy access to the Secretary of State of an administration that seems to have linked its  fortunes to the Brotherhood in the Middle East.
No, in Clinton’s and the Left’s minds, it’s all about protecting diversity:

“I don’t see enough of that. I want to see more of it. We did see some of that in our own country. We saw Republicans stepping up and standing up against the kind of assaults that really have no place in our politics. So we have to set an example, there is no doubt about that. And we have to continue doing so.”

Clinton and the rest of the Left thrive in a climate of moral relativism, so it’s no surprise that Clinton’s speech turned into a dismissal of Islam’s record of violence and an attempt to justify it by comparing Muslim terrorism to the Troubles in Northern Ireland, which always had as much or more to do with nationalist and unionist politics than religion.
Here’s the quote:

“Religions against one another, it is even within religions, within Christianity, within Judaism within, oh, Islam, within Hinduism there are people who believe their version of that religion is the only right way to believe. And so in some of the countries that we are concerned about that are majority Muslim countries it’s the intimidation and violence against Muslims who are in minority sects that we most worry about. We watched for many years the conflict in Northern Ireland against Catholics on the one side, Protestants on the other, so I think you’re right that there always are issues about terrorism, about separatism, but those should be dealt with under the law without infringing on the rights of people whose religious beliefs are different from the majority.”

She is right that Muslims love to fight each other. The Shiites and Sunnis have been at it for centuries.
But in regards to countries involved in the Arab Spring, it’s interesting that Clinton expresses worry about Muslim groups but says nothing about the Christian groups that are seeing churches burned, homes destroyed, and families tortured and killed.
Since last week, Muslim villagers in Dahshour, Egypt, have been hurling fire bombs at each other and burning Christians out of their homes after a Christian laundry operator accidentally burned a Muslim customer’s shirt. At least one person has been killed.
In Syria, Christians have been targeted by both government forces and rebels, who are reportedly led by members of the Muslim Brotherhood. Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that President Obama has helped fund the Syrian rebels. At least two prominent members of the Christian community have been killed in recent days, according to OneNewsNow.com, although names have not been released.
In just one incident in October 2011, the new Egyptian government’s security forces killed 25 demonstrators and injured 300 more, most of them Coptic Christians. The Egyptian government has also been turning a blind eye toward murders of Christians and destruction of churches, according to the federal government’s updated International Religious Freedom Report.
In a March letter, Bachmann and Sen. Rand Paul urged Clinton to suspend $1.3 billion in military aid to Egypt because of the atrocities being committed against Christians. The aid was supposed to be contingent upon the State Department certifying that the new Egyptian government was protecting freedom of speech and religion.
“A decision to waive the conditions on military aid would send the wrong message to the Egyptian government that U.S. taxpayers will subsidize the Egyptian military while it continues to oversee the crackdown on civil society and to commit human rights abuses,” the letter read.
Later that same month, Clinton waived the certification requirements and resumed aid to Egypt.
Presenting the report Monday to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Clinton even acknowledged that incidents of human rights abuses seem to have increased since Egypt’s transition to “democracy.”
What she hasn’t done is answer the question of whether her aide was properly vetted and whether she or the president may have been influenced by the Muslim Brotherhood.
Americans deserve answers to those questions.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Singer Issues Vulgar Statement After His Song Was Played During Phoenix Trump Rally

Published

on

By

Singer Issues Vulgar Statement After His Song Was Played During Phoenix Trump Rally

The frontman for Panic! At The Disco, slammed the Trump campaign after Trump walked out to one of the band’s songs before his event in Phoenix, Arizona.

“Dear Trump Campaign, F— you. You’re not invited. Stop playing my song. No thanks, Brendon Urie, Panic! At The Disco & company,” he tweeted.

In a second tweet, Urie addressed “Everyone Else,” urging them to “vote this monster out” and added a link to help people get registered to vote.

“Dear Everyone Else, Donald Trump represents nothing we stand for. The highest hope we have is voting this monster out in November.”

“Donald Trump represents nothing we stand for. The highest hope we have is voting this monster out in November. ” Since the left stands for violence, assault, arson, murder, killing babies, beating up old people, stealing, destroying people’s homes, destroying businesses yeah, they’re correct. President Donald Trump stands for none of that.

WJ:

As the presidential election nears, celebrities across the nation have been voicing their disapproval for President Trump more than normal.

Last week, rock-and-roll legend Bruce Springsteen criticized Trump on his SiriusXM show, and most recently, pop-rock band Panic! at the Disco’s Brendon Urie voiced his opinions on the president.

Following Trump’s rally in Phoenix, Arizona, on Tuesday evening, Urie discovered that the band’s hit song “High Hopes” was played during the event.

Urie published a strongly-worded tweet aimed at Trump and his campaign that same night. More

Funny how these musicians sell-outs get mad when people buy the rights to use their music. Did Brendon Urie consider that this is the first time many Americans have ever heard of him?

Continue Reading

Politics

BREAKING: Biden’s Staff Leaked Who The Campaign Is Vetting For Cabinet Positions… Here They Are!

Published

on

By

Team Trump: Joe Biden’s staff leaked who the campaign is vetting for cabinet positions!

Continue Reading

Politics

Michael Flynn Victory: Federal Appeals Court Rules District Judge Must Drop Charges

A huge win for Michael Flynn!

Published

on

By

A federal appeals court today ordered a lower court to allow the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn to be dismissed, as requested by the Justice Department.

The abrupt ending came in a 2-1 ruling and order from judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.

BI:

A three-judge panel on the US Court of Appeals in Washington, DC, ordered the federal judge overseeing the case against Michael Flynn to dismiss the prosecution on Wednesday, marking another big twist for the most high-profile former Donald Trump official to face criminal charges from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

In a 2-1 decision, the appeals court also overturned US District Judge Emmet Sullivan’s decision to bring in a retired federal judge and veteran prosecutor to argue against the Justice Department’s motion to dismiss Flynn’s case. Sullivan had scheduled a July 16 hearing to weigh whether or not to toss out the case against President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser.

The appeals court ruled that Sullivan does not have the authority to prolong Flynn’s prosecution or examine the Justice Department’s motivation for wanting to drop the case.

“This is not the unusual case where a more searching inquiry is justified,” Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump-appointed judge, wrote in the majority opinion. Rao was joined by Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson, an appointee of President George H.W. Bush.

The appeals court’s decision is a major victory for the former national security adviser, whose legal team has argued for months that the government  unfairly targeted him for political reasons. More

The DC Court of Appeals in NOT a bastion of conservatism. They did the right thing. Good for them. That is what Judge Emmet Sullivan gets for being an activist judge instead of an impartial one. Now it’s time to start the process to remove Judge Sullivan for abuse of power and political bias.

Continue Reading

Politics

Laura Loomer Drops Truth Bomb On Democrat’s Plans To Defund Our Police

Published

on

By

Laura Loomer Drops Truth Bomb On Democrat’s Plans To Defund Our Police

Laura Loomer is about to release her first campaign ad telling the truth about the Democrat’s plans to defund our police.

Her goal is to get this video in front of all 136,000 Republicans and 158,000 independents within the next few days – THREE TIMES. To do that, she needs to raise $21,975 in the next 48 hours.

Please donate to help Laura win this!

Florida Republican congressional candidate Laura Loomer is surging ahead of Nancy Pelosi’s puppet Lois Frankel. Why? Because Americans want Law & Order while Democrats want total chaos!

Continue Reading

Politics

Capital Hill Autonomous Zone Beefs Up Border Wall, Deports Conservative Visitors

This all sounds a little…fascist…doesn’t it?

Published

on

Something strange is occurring in Seattle, and it is quickly becoming the talk of the nation.

In the Capital Hill district of the Washington State capital, police were forced to abandon the 13th Precinct some days ago, during hearty demonstrations spawned from the death of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police.  In their absence, protesters took control of approximately six city blocks, renaming the area the “Capital Hill Autonomous Zone”, and warning visitors that they would be “leaving the USA” as they stepped into Free Cap Hill.

And while this quasi-secession appears to be led by the far left, they are seemingly resorting to some fairly “fascist” tactics…at least by their own standards.

Seattle, Washington’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) — formed by anarchists, Antifa members, and Black Lives Matter activists — has set up a border wall surrounding its perimeters and is seemingly conducting ‘deportations’.

CHAZ, a six-square block autonomous zone, has clear and precise borders made up of mostly vehicle barriers and various forms of fencing.

Photos from CHAZ show the border controls:

A sign is seen on a barrier at an entrance to the so-called “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” on June 10, 2020 in Seattle, Washington. (David Ryder/Getty Images)

Barriers are seen on a street leading to the Seattle Police Departments East Precinct on June 9, 2020 in Seattle, Washington. (David Ryder/Getty Images)

A protester uses a scope on top of a barricade to look for police approaching the newly created Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in Seattle, Washington on June 11, 2020. (JASON REDMOND/AFP via Getty Images)

Furthermore, there appears to be an issue with free speech within the CHAZ.

On Thursday, reporter Julio Rosas captured a moment where CHAZ occupants kicked out a man who said he was a pro-life activist and had been live-streaming from inside the autonomous zone.

The man was taunted by a mob as he was kicked out. The process was far less technical and impartial than the deportation process of the United States federal government.

Protesters in other US cities have also begun to consider creating their own “autonomous zones”, including in Nashville, Tennessee.

Continue Reading

Politics

Next Trump Rally’s Date and Location Offends Kamala Harris

The White House has pushed back against the suggestion that the timing and the location were purposeful. 

Published

on

Despite the risk that still exists due to coronavirus, President Trump is itching to get back out on the campaign trail.  This is where he excels.  It’s his comfort zone.  The opposite could not be truer for his opponent in 2020, either, which means that the Trump campaign is almost certainly relying on these tour de force performances to put distance between these candidates.

In Tulsa, on Friday, June 19th, Trump will return to the stage, much to the chagrin of his loyal base.

Kamala Harris, however, is not at all amused.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) torched President Trump on Thursday over the president’s plan to hold a campaign rally in Tulsa, Okla., on Juneteenth.

In a tweet, Harris linked to a Los Angeles Times story that noted that Trump’s June 19 rally would take place in a city that was the site of a racist riot and massacre in 1921.

“This isn’t just a wink to white supremacists—he’s throwing them a welcome home party,” the senator tweeted.

June 19th, also known as Juneteenth, is a day that many Americans celebrate the end of slavery, as it corresponds with the day that the last slaves in Texas were read the emancipation proclamation back in 1865.

The White House has pushed back against the suggestion that the timing and the location were purposeful.

Continue Reading

Politics

Trump Rally Attendees Will Sign COVID-19 Liability Agreement Before Event

Published

on

President Trump will be returning to full-throated campaigning in just a weeks’ time out in Oklahoma, and at a time in which much of the nation is again concerned about coronavirus.

In several states, the numbers aren’t looking good.  Thanks to Americans’ generally annoyed take on COVID-19, and public gatherings for Memorial Day and protest, cases of the novel coronavirus are on the rise in several parts of the country.

Given the situation, President Trump’s team will be asking attendees at the upcoming Tulsa rally to sign a special waiver.

The sign-up page for tickets to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa next week includes something that hasn’t appeared ahead of previous rallies: a disclaimer noting that attendees “voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19” and agree not to hold the campaign or venue liable should they get sick.

Trump’s reelection campaign announced Thursday that the president’s next “Make America Great Again” rally will be held June 19 at the BOK Center.

The intent of the waiver was quite clear.

At the bottom of the registration page for tickets to the upcoming Trump campaign rally is a disclaimer notifying attendees that “by clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.”

“By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury,” the notice states.
President Trump recently sparred with the Governor of North Carolina over health-related restrictions he was placing on the Republican National Convention, with the war of words eventually causing the RNC to move out of North Carolina to an as-of-yet-unknown location.
Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend