Connect with us

Arts/Entertainment

Hate Hoaxer Jussie Smollett Faces Six New Indictments in Chicago

Chicago Police aren’t done with Jussie Smollett just yet…

Published

on

There are few things in this world that are more despicable than racism.  In America, these heinous beliefs are all the more out-of-place thanks to our national belief that all are created equal.

You can’t have any real freedom without equality, making bigotry of any sort a stain on our great nation.

Even worse than racism itself are the attempts to weaponize this ugly reality for personal gain.  This exploitation of evil is simply inexcusable, as television actor Jussie Smollett learned several months ago.

Smollett alleged that he was the victim of a horrendous, racially-motivated assault on the street of Chicago, where two men allegedly hurled ethnic and sexual slurs at him while brandishing a noose and spouting some suspiciously-generic political epithets.  Chicago Police soon discovered that Smollett had hoaxed the entire incident in order to gain notoriety, which sparked a righteous outrage.  That anger grew after the charges against Smollett were dropped by a well-connected DA.

Trending: Black Lives Matter Leader Now Says White People’s Churches ‘Should All Come Down’

The Chicago Police Department was rightfully furious about Smollett’s surprise vindication, and promptly sued the actor for $130,000 – a figure said to represent the amount of resources wasted on the hoax.

And that’s not the end of the trouble that Smollett faces, either.

Television actor Jussie Smollett will be arraigned Monday on a six-count indictment charging him with falsely reporting that he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack near his Chicago home.

Smollett, 37, was expected to plead not guilty to felony charges of disorderly conduct during his appearance in Cook County Circuit Court a day after Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot declared that he should be should be “held accountable” for falsely reporting a crime.

Smollett believed that the fame he would have gained by surviving the purported “hate crime” would have allowed him to request a pay increase in Hollywood, making the entire fiasco all the more disturbing.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement

Arts/Entertainment

Twitter Erupts After HBO Pulls Classic Film Over Portrayal of African Americans

Many have rebuked the idea of sanitizing historical fiction altogether, and are warning us that there are plenty of other films that could soon be banished from pop culture.

Published

on

Americans the nation over are experiencing some growing pains as of late, after the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police reawakened our struggles with racism and inequality.

This has been the singular issue of focus in the United States for over two weeks now, which is an impressive feat given the ongoing global pandemic that we are facing.

Beyond the obvious activism, however, there has been a renewed push to sanitize history as well – and not everyone is thrilled with that idea.

Gone With the Wind, the Civil War epic considered a classic of American cinema, has been temporarily pulled from HBO Max.

The move comes as media companies reappraise content in light of nationwide protests over police brutality and systemic racism after the death of George Floyd, a Black man killed by Minnesota police. Earlier on Tuesday, Paramount Network cancelled the long-running police reality show Cops.

Why now?

Long considered controversial for its depiction of Black people and its positive view of slavery, Gone With the Wind faced renewed scrutiny after an op-ed by 12 Years A Slave screenwriter John Ridley published in the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday. In the op-ed, Ridley called on HBO Max to “consider removing” Gone With the Wind from its platform as the film had its “own unique problem.” “It doesn’t just “fall short” with regard to representation. It is a film that glorifies the antebellum south. It is a film that, when it is not ignoring the horrors of slavery, pauses only to perpetuate some of the most painful stereotypes of people of color,” Ridley wrote.

He added: “It is a film that, as part of the narrative of the “Lost Cause,” romanticizes the Confederacy in a way that continues to give legitimacy to the notion that the secessionist movement was something more, or better, or more noble than what it was — a bloody insurrection to maintain the “right” to own, sell and buy human beings.”

The move briefly caused Blazing Saddles to trend on Twitter, with many wondering how long the classic parody film will remain available to watch in this climate of social justice.

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Anderson Cooper Resorts to Grade School Bullying on Subject of Trump’s ‘Girth’

This is purely despicable.

Published

on

For as often as CNN feigns remorse at the bombast displayed by President Trump, you would think that someone at the network would be responsible for making sure that the left-leaning infotainment company practices what they preach.

Apparently not.

This week, as the network once again spends hours and hours attempting to belittle and delegitimize the Trump White House, anchor Anderson Cooper went a step further and resorted to fat-shaming the leader of the free world.  Even more disturbing was the fact that the attack came as Cooper was discussing a series of controversial tweets by the President that themselves have been characterized as “bullying”.

Cooper said, “Leadership today also apparently consists of spreading vile conspiracy theories on Twitter about a former staffer for then-Congressman Joe Scarborough and doing it over and over again. Traumatizing her family and her husband so deeply that he begged the company to take down the president’s tweets because they’re not true about his wife.”

After playing a clip of Trump defending his Tweets at a press conference earlier, Cooper said, “What a little man. He’s just a little man. He’s the leader of the free world, and he is a little, little man. A self-proclaimed wartime leader — a leader in the midst, he says, of a transition to greatness for the country, spreading falsehoods about a dead woman, despite the pain and the pleas of her husband and family and doesn’t have the guts to say he doesn’t care about what they think. No, no, he doesn’t have the guts to say, ‘You know what, I don’t care what they think because this serves my political purposes.’ That’s why he’s doing it. He doesn’t have the guts to say that because he is just a little man despite his girth and size. He’s a little man inside, and he knows that. That, too, is now what leadership looks like. The president of the United States raising conspiracy theories about a dead woman, though her family is begging Twitter to take them down.”

If anyone had remarked on the “girth” or “size” of any other world leader, they would immediately be yanked off the air and sent to sensitivity training.

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Meghan McCain Trashes Chris and Andrew Cuomo Over Hokey-Jokey CNN Segment

You know things are rough at CNN when The View is producing more hard-hitting journalism than the “worldwide leader in news”.

Published

on

In New York State, there is great heartbreak this week.

Not only was New York City the epicenter of the global coronavirus pandemic for weeks on end, but Empire State Governor Andrew Cuomo is now being accused of recklessly endangering a vast number of at-risk Americans by sending COVID-19 patients to be treated at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

Despite this horrific controversy being the number one story out of New York State this week, Governor Cuomo’s brother, CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo, refused to bring it up while the two spent a significant portion of the latter Cuomo’s show together, enraging America in the process.

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo sparked Twitter outrage on Wednesday night when he again did not address New York’s growing nursing-home controversy in his latest interview with his brother, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and instead performed prop comedy with giant cotton swabs.

The response was swift.

Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., has been the leading voice calling for an investigation into the Democratic governor’s original March directive. “Today I joined my [New York GOP] colleagues in the House to call for a federal investigation of Cuomo’s failed nursing home policies,” Stefanik tweeted Friday. “NOW they admit they unethically changed the way they report nursing home deaths. An INEXCUSABLE tragedy for NY — NEED ANSWERS.”

But you would never know it if you watched “CNN Prime Time,” where Chris Cuomo spent 25 minutes chatting up his older brother, who he calls the “Love Gov” on-air, and never asked about the controversy. Instead, the CNN anchor played a clip of his brother taking a coronavirus test where a nurse placed a cotton swab up his nostril and joked about the size of his sibling’s nose, complete with props.

Perhaps the most biting criticism came from Meghan McCain via Twitter.

You know things are rough at CNN when The View is producing more hard-hitting journalism than the “worldwide leader in news”.

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Tara Reade Legal Team Quits After CNN Publishes Hit Piece on Biden Accuser

Where was their hit piece on Stormy Daniels?

Published

on

The Democrats certainly spent an inordinate amount of time talking about Stormy Daniels and the Access Hollywood incident, didn’t they?  Are we all remembering just how much time was wasted on those stories?

Sure, they are stories that we should hear.  They shouldn’t be squirreled away forever, and we are Americans who have the right to vote for whomever we want – including someone who may says things that make us uncomfortable.  But those stories very well could have come and gone in a  night or two, if it weren’t for the mainstream media’s incessant and constant coverage of them.

Now that Joe Biden is being accused of sexual assault by a former staffer, however, much of the infotainment industry is dead quiet.

Well, expect for CNN, who has decided that it’s not only a good idea to publish a hit piece attacking Biden’s accuser, but then they go and brag about their handiwork forcing her lawyers to quit.

A lawyer who represented Tara Reade, the woman who has accused Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, announced Friday that Reade is no longer his firm’s client.

Doug Wigdor said the decision to no longer represent Reade was made on Wednesday, the day after CNN published an extensive investigation about Reade’s background and past statements. In the report, CNN first revealed problems with Reade’s claim that she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle; the school denied to CNN that she ever graduated from the university.

Wigdor had sent CNN a lengthy statement on Monday responding to numerous questions related to the story. However, Reade directly contacted CNN on Monday night to discuss the issue of her degree from Antioch, telling a CNN reporter that she had asked for and received permission from Wigdor to reach out directly.

CNN would go on to repeat their claims against Reade later in this same gloating piece, only further pushing the idea that Reade is not credible.

This is in spite of the fact that several witnesses have emerged to state that they explicitly recall Reade telling them of the incident around the time that it occurred in 1993.

 

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Shock Jock Stern Says Trump Should ‘Resign’, Claims it Would be ‘Patriotic’

Some people will say anything for a buck.

Published

on

Whenever some mainstream media figure says something that gets our blood boiling, we need to step back and take stock of the situation.

You see, these figureheads get paid to do that.  Their livelihood depends on just how riled up they can get us, as we then present their content to our friends and followers in order to either espouse their wisdom or to eviscerate their ethos.

Stern makes millions while your blood pressure waxes and wanes, and the more outrageous the things coming out of his mouth become, the more likely it is that he’s getting desperate for attention.

This week was no exception.

Stern ranted: “One thing Donald loves is celebrities, he loves the famous.

“He loves it. He loves to be in the mix.”

His comments come despite Trump being a one-time frequent guest on his show.

Trump even attended the 2008 wedding of Stern and model Beth Ostrosky.

Laying into Trump voters, Stern said: “The oddity in all of this is the people Trump despises most, love him the most.

“The people who are voting for Trump for the most part … he wouldn’t even let them in a f***ing hotel.

“He’d be disgusted by them. Go to Mar-a-Lago, see if there’s any people who look like you. I’m talking to you in the audience.”

Then came the clincher:

“I do think it would be extremely patriotic of Donald to say ‘I’m in over my head and I don’t want to be president anymore.’

“It’d be so patriotic that I’d hug him and then I’d go back to Mar-a-Lago and have a meal with him and feel good about him because it would be such an easy thing to do.”

Stern and Trump once considered each other friends, but the radio host has been on a fairly solid anti-POTUS bender as of late.

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Legendary Radio Host Says Trump Supporters Should Drink Disinfectant and ‘Drop Dead’

What ever happened to “united we stand, divided well fall”?

Published

on

The sheer angst of the anti-Trump crowd has now jumped the shark, and devolved into a verbose and virulent hatred of the leader of the free world.

Never before has a politician been so loathed by such a large swath of the nation, and we have no one to blame for this but the mainstream media and their insatiable hunger for conflict.  We can never forget that, in order to sell advertising space, our media networks and personalities need We The People to despise one another.  We must be at each others’ throats in order for their schtick to stick, and to keep us tuned in during the commercial breaks.

Howard Stern knows this all too well, and despite his reputation as a “shock jock”, his latest profane foray into Trump-bashing is simply unbelievable.

From Monday’s broadcast:

Stern said, “Boy, oh boy, I got to tell my buddy Donald Trump, Jesus Christ resign from the presidency. Do the world a favor. You don’t want to be president. Go work at Mar-a-Lago. Have a nice rest of your life. This guy is out of his f-cking mind. I don’t know what Donald is doing. I mean, when he holds a press conference, it’s like you go oh f-ck.”

He continued, “I don’t know what to say what’s going on with Donald. I mean, these statements are idiotic. Hey, I have this idea. Maybe since Clorox works on surfaces, couldn’t they just pour Clorox into your asshole.”

He added, “I would love it if Donald would get on TV and take an injection of Clorox and let’s see if his theory works. Let him, volunteer. Or hold a big rally, say f-ck this coronavirus, with all of his followers, and let them hug each other and kiss each other and have a big, big rally.”

Co-host Robin Quivers said, “A big cocktail of disinfectant.”

Stern said, “Yeah, and all take disinfectant and all drop dead.”

What ever happened to “united we stand, divided well fall”?

Continue Reading

Arts/Entertainment

Hollywood Director Pleads with Former Presidents to Lend a Hand in Ousting Trump

Now they’re just getting desperate.

Published

on

New York City may very well be the United States’ coronavirus epicenter, but Hollywood is undoubtedly the nation’s epicenter for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Over the course of the last three years, a steady stream of anti-Trump sentiments have been spewing froth from Beverly Hills.  The liberal elites of Tinsel Town absolutely loathe the 45th President of these United States and it shows.

One of the most frequent of these Hollywood Trump haters has been legendary director Rob Reiner, whose latest tirade against the Commander in Chief invokes several former Oval Office dwellers to join him.

Hollywood director Rob Reiner is once again sounding the alarm about what he calls President Donald Trump’s “mental illness” and is begging former presidents, including Barack Obama, to intervene to save lives.

“There is no question. Trump’s mental illness is killing people,” the Oscar-nominated filmmaker of A Few Good Men tweeted on Saturday, in an apparent reference to the Chinese coronavirus pandemic. “We are in a crisis of epic proportions. I call on Bush, Obama and every prominent American, Republican and Democrat, to step forward to stop this insanity and save human life.”

Just last week, Reiner was insisting that Donald Trump’s actions in the race of the coronavirus pandemic were directly responsible for the deaths of several thousand Americans.  This allegation was made in spite of the fact that the national death count for COVID-19 has remained lower than many experts had predicted, including some who worked directly with Trump via the White House coronavirus task force.

 

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend