Connect with us

Culture

D.C. Businessman Found Guilty of Possessing Inert Muzzleloader Bullets

Published

on

There was a case we reported on a while back involving a D.C. businessman who was arrested and charged with possession of unregistered ammo.
Apparently, they think it wouldpromote public safety” to order 30 officers decked out in full tactical gear to the house of D.C. businessman Mark Witaschek, raid his house, use a battering ram to break down the door to the bathroom where his 16-year-old son was taking a shower, pull him out of the bathroom naked, hold the businessman and his girlfriend in their room at gunpoint after having handcuffed them, all while they tear his house apart to the tune of $10,000 in damages, looking for guns. And no, according to Emily Miller’s article in the Washington Times, they didn’t find any.
But guess what they did find? Police documented their findings:

  • “One live round of 12-gauge shotgun ammunition”
  • “One handgun holster”
  • “One expended round of .270 caliber ammunition”
  • “One box of Knight bullets for reloading”

Miller stated that the 12-gauge shotgun round was actually misfired years earlier on one of his hunting trips. He kept it as a souvenir. She also notes that the handgun holster is not illegal, even in D.C. And apparently, the Knight bullets are in fact not for reloading, but are used in “antique-replica, single-shot, muzzle-loading rifles.”
So, they didn’t find any guns. But they still charged him with possession of unregistered ammunition and a brass casing. He faced two years in jail and a hefty fine.
He was offered a deal where he could plead guilty to one charge of possession of unregistered ammo, pay a $500 dollar fine, make a contribution to a victim’s fund and spend a year on probation, but he turned it down. He told Miller, “It’s the principle.”
They’ll let Feinstein perform her little gun circus act on TV, and they’ll let Gregory do his high-capacity magazine bit, but when it comes to ordinary citizens, they get the Nazi treatment.
Witaschek’s case was brought before the judge, and after a rigamarole of technicalities, he found Witaschek guilty of “attempted possession of unlawful ammunition.” Here’s Emily Miller with the Washington Times:

Until the final hours of the trial, both the defense and government focused the case on whether the single 12 gauge shotgun shell that was found in Mr. Witaschek’s D.C. home was operable. The judge, however, never ruled on it.

In the afternoon on Wednesday, Judge Morin shook the plastic shell and tried to listen to something inside. He said he could not hear any gunpowder. He then asked the lawyers to open the shell to see if there was powder inside.

(This seemed like a bizarre request since the lack of primer — not gunpowder — would be relevant to the interoperability of the misfired shell.)

Assistant Attorney General Peter Saba said that the government wanted to open the shell but that, “It is dangerous to do outside a lab.”

The prosecutors and police officers left the courtroom to try to find a lab that was open in the afternoon to bring the judge to cut the plastic off the section that holds the pellets. When that proved not possible in the same day, the judge decided to just rule on the bullets.

The 25 conical-shaped, .45 caliber bullets, made by Knight out of lead and copper, sat on the judge’s desk. They do not have primer or gunpowder so cannot be propelled. The matching  .50 caliber plastic sabots were also in the box.

There was much debate over whether the bullets were legal since D.C. residents are allowed to buy antique replica firearms without registering.

The judge seemed inclined to throw out this charge since he repeatedly asked how the bullets could be illegal if the gun that they go in was not.

During lunch, the government came up with a list from ATF of types of muzzleloader rifles that could be converted to use rimfire ammunition. Not that Mr. Witaschek owned one of these nor was modern ammo at issue in the trial.

Nevertheless Judge Morin said, “I’m persuaded these are bullets. They look like bullets. They are hollow point. They are not musket balls.” He then ruled that Mr. Witaschek had possessed “beyond a reasonable doubt” the metal pieces in D.C.

The judge “sentenced him to time served, a $50 fine, and required him to enroll with the Metropolitan Police Department’s firearm offenders’ registry within 48 hours.”In addition to the judge’s sentencing, Mr. Witaschek could lose his license to run his financial management company, all because he had inert “bullets” in his home.
If they’re that adamant about enforcing these asinine laws on innocent people like Mr. Witaschek, why did they not care about Diane Feinstein’s “assault weapon” publicity stunt or David Gregory’s on-air “high-capacity” magazine stunt?

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Culture

Conservative Host Dan Bongino Tells Fans a Tumor Has Been Found in His Neck

Popular conservative commentator and former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino has told fans that doctors have found a tumor in his neck.

Published

on

Popular conservative commentator and former Secret Service Agent Dan Bongino has told fans that doctors have found a tumor in his neck.

The commentator said that doctors are not yet sure if the tumor is cancerous, but there is s “strong likelihood” that it is not.

“It’s a tumor, but there’s a strong likelihood that it is not cancerous,” Bongino on Rumble, a platform he recently bought a stake in as a response to YouTube censorship.

“We don’t know what it is. It’s in a very weird spot in my neck near my carotid artery, near vocal cords and things, and it is big. It’s 7 centimeters … It’s scary,” Bongino continued.

“I noticed when I came out of the MRI machine that the look on the doctor’s face changed a little bit as he told me in the room inside that it is not a lipoma,” Bongino said fighting back tears. “Which was very scary.”

He thanked his wife and doctors but insisted that his show would go on.

“We have two lives,” Bongino said, quoting American novelist Bernard Malamud. “The life we learn with and the life we live after that, and the genuine path to happiness is through suffering.”

Immediately, a long list of high-profile personalities wished the commentator well:

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Black Lives Matter

Portland Black Lives Matter Rioters Threaten to Burn Down House Displaying U.S. Flag

Published

on

“Protesters” in Portland threatened to burn down the home of a black Army veteran because he dared to have an American Flag flying outside his home.

Terrance Moses, a black veteran who runs a nonprofit in Portland, said he stepped outside his front door when protesters began carousing down the street in his neighborhood.

“It went from a peaceful march, calling out the names, to all of a sudden, bang, ‘How dare you fly the American flag?’” Moses told the New York Times. “They said take it down. They wouldn’t leave. They said they’re going to come back and burn the house down.”

“We don’t go around terrorizing folks to try and force them to do something they don’t want to do,” he added. “I’m a veteran. I’m for these liberties.”

The couple that displayed the American flag on their Kenton-area home said they were “fearful of retaliation from the roving protesters, who had found their phone number,” according to the Times. Despite that, they are refusing to take down the American flag.

“I will not take my flag down,” he exclaimed.

The paper added that the group of protesters also once again set fires and rioted in the city’s commercial district.

The same night the protesters came to the couple’s door last month, they marched into Kenton’s commercial district and used restaurant picnic tables as fuel for fires. They collected the colorful wooden dividers the neighbors had recently built for outdoor dining and set those ablaze as well. Mr. Moses and others in the community ran into the protests with fire extinguishers.

Protesters that night broke into the Portland Police Association building and set it on fire. A man was later seen scrubbing the sidewalk graffiti — a popular message was “PPB = KKK,” meaning that the Portland Police Bureau is the Ku Klux Klan.

The Black Lives Matter movement is little else but a domestic terror organization.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Culture

Democrat Lois Frankel Demanding Big Tech Ban Opponent Laura Loomer’s Ads in Blatant Case of Election Interference

Corruptocrat Rep. Lois Frankel is demanding that big tech ban the ads of election opponent, Laura Loomer, in a clear case of illegal election interference.

Published

on

Corruptocrat Florida Rep. Lois Frankel is demanding that big tech ban the ads of election opponent, Laura Loomer, in a clear case of illegal election interference.

Frankel and her surrogates are urging Google, Facebook, Twitter, and the rest of the usual Big Tech suspects to ban Loomer’s ads so that she will be less competitive in the race for Congress for the incumbent Democrat in Florida’s 21st District seat.

 

The Loomer campaign struck back at Frankel for calling for censorship and big tech electoral interference.

“Judging from recent public statements, Lois Frankel can’t seem to bring herself to say the name of her opponent, Laura Loomer. According to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, she either mispronounces Loomer’s name or can’t remember it at all when asked. Frankel, who admits she hasn’t had to run a campaign since she was elected in 2013, is right to be worried about acknowledging her challenger. She knows Laura Loomer is gaining momentum,” Loomer’s chief strategist Karen Giorno said in a press release.

“Spurred into action late last week, Frankel hurriedly sent out a fundraising email. But her selective amnesia about her opponent means she needs help crafting her social media strategy. Mostly, she leans on friends, such as former Obama and Kamala Harris advisor Halie Soifer, who produce pot shots she can simply retweet. It’s no surprise that Lazy Lois is outsourcing her campaign like this. After all, she hasn’t shown up to Congress in months,” Giorno added.

“Frankel should be ashamed,” Giorno said. “We’ve come to expect indifference, snobbery and indolence from this Congresswoman. But even we are amazed to see her endorsing an unambiguous appeal for suppression, especially when she knows that her challenger is the most banned woman in the world already. More to the point, Loomer is also her legitimate opponent, a constituent in Frankel’s district and a citizen of the United States.”

Giorno added that if Frankel is so willing to use her big tech allies to shut down Loomer’s free speech, what will she do to the average American whose views she wants shut down?

“By openly advocating for her political opponent’s voice to be suppressed, Lois Frankel is revealing her contempt and apathy for the rights of voters who overwhelmingly selected Loomer as their candidate during the Republican primary,” Giorno continued.

“Frankel tweeted passionately in November 2019 about the Iranian government’s heavy-handed approach to internet censorship, calling it a ‘human rights violation.’ Apparently, she doesn’t extend the same courtesy to her own constituents,” Giorno wrote.

“This flagrant hypocrisy speaks volumes about the beliefs and attitudes of today’s elitist Democrat Party. Frankel’s indifference to the First Amendment rights of her own constituents is baffling, offensive and profoundly un-American. Palm Beach County voters are watching carefully, and they are not impressed,” Giorno concluded.

Here is one of Loomer’s latest ads:

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Culture

Rochester Officers Forced To Cover Names After Protesters Shout Their Addresses, Kids’ Names, Etc.

Time to unleash the police!

Published

on

By

Rochester Officers Forced To Cover Names After Protesters Shout Their Addresses, Kids’ Names, Etc.

Rochester police officers have been forced to hide their identities to protect their families as protesters have begun doxxing them.

“The past couple of months officers’ names have been researched by protesters to put personal information out to the public, putting the safety of their families in jeopardy,” said a statement from RPD Chief La’Ron Singletary, who announced his resignation earlier this week.

“Officers have been allowed to remove their name tags in an effort to prevent their personal information from being spread on social media,” Singletary added.

TDW:

Rochester Police Department (RPD) officers have been given permission to cover up their names displayed on their tags to avoid harassment from left-wing protesters, who are screaming out their home addresses, kids’ names and schools, and making taunting calls to their parents in front of them. They are also spreading personal information about the cops via social media.

[…]

Local radio show host and journalist Bob Lonsberry posted via Twitter on Thursday: “Peaceful protesters have stood outside the [Rochester] Public Safety Building, read an officer’s name off his uniform, tracked him down on their phones, and called his parents to taunt them. Or held up the phone to show the officer his home address and threaten to come after him there.”

Singletary had his statement read by City Council Chief of Staff Robert Scanlon during a briefing with Democrat Mayor Lovely Warren and city council members on Wednesday. The police chief did not attend the meeting in person. More

‘Peaceful’ protesters who threaten officers or their families are criminals and need to be put in cages. Until society decides enough is enough these thugs will continue terrorizing innocent citizens.

Doxxing should be a crime and when it involves innocent family members there should be a stiff sentence. In the meantime arrest the rioters and find out who is funding them and put them away for a very long time.

Continue Reading

Culture

President Trump Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

Published

on

By

Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates President Donald Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize.

The nomination submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide. “For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other Peace Prize nominees,” Tybring-Gjedde, a four-term member of Parliament who also serves as chairman of the Norwegian delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, told Fox News.

Daily Star:

President Donald Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Price by a Norwegian official for helping to negotiate peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

The nomination was submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, Fox News reports.

Mr Tybring-Gjedde praised the president of the Untied States for his efforts towards resolving international conflicts.

He cited Trump’s “key role” in negotiations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and the conflict between South Korea and North Korea. More

Democrats freak out:

Continue Reading

Culture

Watch Angry Knife-Wielding BLM Mob Chase TV Reporter

Published

on

By

Watch Angry Knife-Wielding BLM Mob Chase TV Reporter

A reporter and a security guard were chased away by an angry mob of BLM protesters, including one who appeared to be wielding a knife in Rochester.

“Yo, I’m about to kill ‘em, brah,” one man says on the footage as the reporter and the guard run away.

NY Post:

A news reporter and a security guard in Rochester were chased away by an angry mob of Daniel Prude protesters, including one who appeared to be wielding a knife, dramatic video shows.

The footage from Sunday’s protests in Rochester shows WHEC reporter Charles Molineaux and a security guard being told to get away by demonstrators marching toward the city’s Public Safety Building.

Protests erupted in the upstate New York city last week following the release of police bodycam footage from March showing cops pressing Prude’s face into the ground until he stopped breathing. Prude, who was black, later died.

“Go home, go home, go home!” the crowd chanted as Molineaux and the guard were confronted in a nearby parking lot, video shows. One protester is seen waving a Black Lives Matter flag.

“Just leave, go that way!” one man tells them. “Go out the parking lot!”

“Get the f–k up out of here!” another man yells.

Molineaux then pulls out his cellphone and snaps a photo, which he later posted on Twitter, before the guard motions that the pair need to leave the area immediately.

They then start walking briskly away from the protesters before two men, including one who appears to be armed with a knife, make threatening motions toward them, the clip shows. More

Not everyone agrees Sunday night’s demonstration at the Public Safety Building was peaceful.

Continue Reading

Culture

Food Lion Tells Veteran To Remove His American Flag Mask

Time to boycott Food Lion!

Published

on

By

Food Lion Tells Veteran To Remove His American Flag Mask

An Air Force veteran quit his job at a North Carolina Food Lion after he was told that he could not wear his American flag face mask. “Someone complained about me wearing the flag mask,” Gary Dean told The Todd Starnes Radio Show.

“The manager came up to me and said, ‘I’m embarrassed to even tell you this, but someone came up and said you can’t wear it,’” Mr. Dean said.

WCTI:

A now-former employee of an area supermarket says he quit his job this week after being told he could not wear a face covering depicting the American flag while at work.

Gary Dean says he left his job at the Food Lion in Havelock and is shocked the American flag would be offensive to anyone, especially in a military town.

The 69-year-old’s home is full of patriotic paraphernalia, and Dean, who once anchored at NewsChannel 12, is a veteran himself.

“1970-1976,” Dean said of the years he served in the United States Air Force. “Four of those were active, two of those were inactive reserve.”

He showed NewsChannel 12 a photo album of memories and says memories of his service are an emotional subject.

[…]

It was that anger, Dean says, that caused him to quit his job at the Food Lion’s Havelock location Tuesday. Dean says a manager approached him that afternoon, telling him he could no longer wear his face covering with the American flag printed on it. More

Thank you for your service, sacrifice, and for standing up for your principles, Mr. Dean. It is sad and disturbing that we live in the USA and we can’t freely wear our flag without fear of “offending” a snowflake. It’s not a message or an organization, it’s a flag. A flag that he risked his life and fought for.

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend