Connect with us

Culture

Chicago Transit Apologizes for Posting About Abe Lincoln During Black History Month

The Chicago Transit Authority was sent to its social media to apologize for daring to mention Abraham Lincoln during Black History Month.

Published

on

The Chicago Transit Authority was sent racing to its social media accounts last week to apologize for daring to mention Abraham Lincoln during Black History Month.

I guess Abraham Lincoln, the president who freed the slaves and helped end slavery, has no part in back history, huh?

Last week, the CTA’s official Twitter account retweeted a post with photos of a man dressed as Lincoln at one of the Windy City’s Red Line train stations.

“In honor of Black History Month, Abraham Lincoln was seen making a guest appearance on the CTA,” the commuter line wrote last Wednesday, which was also Lincoln’s 211th birthday.

Trending: Legendary Country Music Artist Falls Victim to Coronavirus

But after complaints began pouring in, the CTA deleted the tweet and profusely apologized.

“Apologies,” the CTA later tweeted, “unfortunately our last retweet went in a direction that was not at all intended. Nonetheless, we WILL continue to honor the African Americans who have played a large role in CTA history.”

Now, let’s review… Lincoln must not be mentioned during black history month despite that he:

1). Ramped up a war that freed the slaves
2). Pushed a proclamation asserting that freedom
3). Helped usher an Amendment to the Constitution to ratify that idea
4). Won a war that secured that idea

So… this is the guy who is persona non grata for Black History Month?

It seems that liberals don’t understand “history,” do they?

We know the answer to that question.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement

Culture

Colorado: Father Arrested While Playing Tee-Ball With Daughter In Empty Park

Published

on

A Colorado father is handcuffed in front of his six-year-old daughter for breaking social distancing guidelines by playing tee-ball with his wife and child in an empty park.

Matt Mooney went to Facebook to share that he had been arrested in Donelson Park, posting a status about how he could mark detainment off his ‘bucket list.’

He feels Brighton police owe him a public apology after he was handcuffed at Donelson Park in front of his young daughter.

Mooney told the FOX31 Problem Solvers he refused to provide his id to three police officers because he was confident he wasn’t doing anything unlawful by playing tee-ball with his wife and daughter at the park.

“She’s like, ‘Daddy, I don’t want you to get arrested.’ At this point I’m thinking, ‘There’s no way they’re going to arrest me, this is insane.’ I’m telling her, ‘Don’t worry, Daddy’s not going to get arrested. I’ve done nothing wrong. Don’t worry about it,’ and then they arrest me.”

Former Brighton City Councilman Kirby Wallin recorded much of the incident on his cellphone, where you can hear his voice narrate the scene.

“He’s being taken by the Brighton police for playing softball with his daughter in an empty park,” Wallin said.

In an interview with the Problem Solvers, Wallin said, “I find it hard to believe with all the things going on in our communities, the only way to resolve a situation like this was to handcuff a father in front of his daughter.”

The sign at Donelson Park said “Closed” but in smaller print reads, “in groups of no more than 4 persons, parks remain open for walking, hiking, biking, running and similar activities.”

Continue Reading

Culture

WHO Faces Mounting Backlash For Running Interference For China

Published

on

The World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus won his 2017 election with China’s backing. Now he is now providing cover for China’s propaganda campaign denying responsibility for the outbreak.

A reevaluation of World Health Organization (WHO) leadership is urgently called for. By consistently bending to the…

Posted by Senator Ted Cruz on Friday, April 3, 2020

TDC:

The World Health Organization is facing a mounting backlash over its handling of China’s cover-up of the novel coronavirus.

WHO leaders, including Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, have run interference for China’s propaganda war meant to absolve the communist nation of responsibility for the global spread of COVID-19.

The WHO is now under increasing pressure from experts and Republican senators.

“A reevaluation of World Health Organization (WHO) leadership is urgently called for,” Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz wrote on Facebook Friday.

“By consistently bending to the Chinese Communist Party, from downplaying the severity of the #coronavirus to systematically excluding Taiwan, it has lost the credibility necessary to be effective,” he continued.

Republican Arizona Sen. Martha McSally said Thursday that Tedros, who won his WHO post in 2017 with China’s backing, needs to step down. More

No surprise the anti-American mainstream media like CNN, NBC, ABC, NPR, followed the same propaganda talking points as Communist China and the WHO, calling Trump “racist” and defending Communist China for covering up the COVID-19 epidemic and allowing it to spread across the globe.

Democrats are desperately seeking to defeat President Trump. Some might even say that they are “colluding” with Communist China to defeat President Trump.

Continue Reading

2020

Look Not to Sweden: A Pandemic Failure

Published

on

From the mid 1930´s though to the early 1990´s, most Western nations planned to be self-sufficient in case of closed borders and wars.

Probably the worst, and most naïve, example is the Kingdom of Sweden. (more…)

Continue Reading

Culture

Mike Pence Offers Heartfelt Message of Thanks to America’s Truckers and Warehouse Employees

When this is all said and done, there will be a whole new respect for the work of Blue Collar America.

Published

on

If we take the horrid reality of the coronavirus itself out of the question, (please?), we can begin to recognize that something incredibly poignant is happening around our nation, deep within our society’s bones.  Specifically, her backbone.

Now that the nation is suddenly on the same team as one another, hoping to slow down the spread of an invisible enemy before it can overwhelm our medical professionals, we are looking at the world around us with a renewed sense of balance.  Where there were just workers, there are now essential and non-essential workers.  This isn’t a knock on the bartenders and hairstylists of the world, but in times of war we forgive bad bangs and heavy-handed pours in the kitchen.  Heck, one has probably led to the other a time or two already this week.

This has thrust some of the blue collar world’s unsung heroes to the forefront of our society, and Americans are expressing their gratitude in a myriad of ways.

Vice President Mike Pence is no exception. 

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday thanked food supply workers and truck drivers for keeping America running during the coronavirus crisis. He delivered his thanks personally during a visit to a massive Walmart distribution warehouse center in Gordonsville, Virginia.

During the stop, he spoke for several minutes with Earnest Allen, a delivery truck driver for Walmart Transportation, who continue to ship products and food despite the pandemic.

“I had to come out and see a truck driver,” Pence said. “You guys are burning up miles every day making sure the American people have food, supplies.”

He continued…

“The fact that you’re showing up every day – rolling your sleeves up and doing the work – it shows you love your neighbor and you love your country,” he said. “Every day you come here, you’re making a difference for America.”

Once this threat subsides, and we find ourselves heading back out into the world at large, there is little doubt that those who kept America running in this time of crisis will find themselves no longer begging for scraps of the US economy, but will instead have their rightful place near the head of the table.

 

Continue Reading

Culture

Oklahoma Takes Nurse’s Kids Away Because She ‘Might’ Given Them Coronavirus

An Oklahoma nurse was shocked when a court took her children away from her last week just because she “might” expose them to the coronavirus.

Published

on

An Oklahoma nurse was shocked when a court took her children away from her last week just because she “might” expose them to the coronavirus after she comes home from work.

An Oklahoma judge issued an ex parte emergency order to take clinic worker Katie Spencer’s kids away from her because of her work with the coronavirus crisis.

“The police showed up on my doorstep at 10 PM and took my kids from me because I WORK IN A CLINIC and a judge signed off on this because of my ‘exposure to the coronavirus.’ Just a heads up to nurses, doctors, firefighters, police officers, and other first responders who have children and sneaky exes…watch your backs!” she wrote.

She then added, “I do NOT have a history of abuse, he does though – his current girlfriend and I have both had VPO’s for domestic abuse by strangulation against him and she has had him arrested in Oklahoma County for it. I also have NO history of neglecting my children.”

The police showed up on my doorstep at 10 PM and took my kids from me because I WORK IN A CLINIC and a judge signed off…

Posted by Katie Spencer on Saturday, March 21, 2020

It was later learned that Spencer’s former spouse had filed an “Emergency Motion to Modify Custody and for Pick-Up Order Due to Respondent Spencer’s Exposure to Coronavirus.”

The judge’s March 20 order, which led to the law enforcement pick-up of the medical worker’s children, states: “the Petitioner alleged, and submitted documents in support, that the Respondent alleged proximity to Coronavirus.”

“The Court takes judicial notice there is at present no vaccination, though children are generally less susceptible to the virus’ effects it is highly contagious and lethal,” the judge added.

District Judge Michael C. Smith insisted that he did what was best for the kids, especially because one of the children had pre-existing health issues.

After the media began looking into the judge’s actions, he quickly slapped a gag order on anyone who might talk to the press.

Breitbart Texas also discovered that the woman’s former husband has a violent history of sexual assault and has children by other women. So, the judge took kids away from a loving mother and gave them to a felon.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Culture

Sorry, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, But the U.S.A. Is Not Paying Your $25 Million Security Costs

Leftist loonies Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seem to think that the U.S.A. should pay their $35 million a year security costs.

Published

on

Leftist loonies, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, went against their own word and are ready to move to the U.S.A., but if they are expecting the American people to pay their exorbitant $25 million a year in security costs, they have another think coming.

Last year, maniacal Meghan forced her cuckolded hubby, Prince Harry, to step down from the British monarchy. The pair pointedly claimed they were leaving the UK and moving to Canada, not the U.S.A. The reason for the move to Canada and not the U.S. was because “ORANGE MAN BAAAD.”

But, as she is wont to do, maniacal Meghan once again changed her mind. Now the pair are moving to Los Angeles — likely to facilitate Meghan’s need to be part of Hollyweird — and rumors began swirling that she expected the American people to pick up the $25 million tab for her “security” team.

You know, because she is so damned important, and all. Why, she’s a “Royal,” dontcha know?

Well, if the woman’s inflated ego can take the bust, President Donald Trump quickly put the kibosh on that idiotic idea and said that the U.S.A. will not be paying for the pair’s bloated security budget.

Trump jumped to Twitter to put an end to the speculation.

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada,” Trump tweeted on Sunday. “Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

Indeed, the UK paper, the Daily Mail recently noted that the U.S. is under no obligation to pay for anything:

The pair’s stepping down removes any obligation on the US government to pay for their security. The UK and US have a long standing reciprocal agreement when it comes to bodyguards protecting diplomats and members of the Royal family.

Harry’s exit from the Royal family means he is no longer considered an ‘international protected person’ and so these rules don’t apply. … The couple would now need to rely on President Trump to make an exception to cover the costs. n

Conservative commentator Dan Bongino spoke for millions of conservatives saying, “NO WAY!”

Even loopy, wishy-washy, Meghan McCain thought the idea that we should be on the hook for the arrogant deposed royals had to be a joke:

Like the proverbial stopped clock, McCain gets it right once in a while.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston.

Continue Reading

Culture

Hollywood Moonbat: GOP Legacy Will Be ‘the Many Deaths of Innocent People’

Published

on

Rosanna Arquette falsely blames President Trump and the GOP for the coronavirus’ deaths in the US.

“The United States of America has more cases of coronavirus then any country in the world. this all could have been avoided had we had a real leader who cared about the American people and not just profit. this will be the Gops legacy. the many deaths of innocent people. shame .”

Breitbart:

Actress Rosanna Arquette said that U.S. coronavirus deaths could have been avoided if the country had a “real leader who cared about the American people.” She also said the “deaths of innocent people” will be the legacy of the Republican party.

In a tweet on Thursday, the Desperately Seeking Susan and Pulp Fiction star cited reports stating that the U.S. now has more cases of coronavirus than any country in the world. But those figures have been met with widespread skepticism due to the unreliability of China’s reporting.

Rosanna Arquette made a veiled attack on President Donald Trump, implying that he doesn’t care about the American people. More

Rosanna Arquette is a despicable, ignorant person. She should have blamed China, you know, that place of origin!
Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Send this to a friend