Connect with us

Media

Benghazi Gets Under Democrats' Skins

Published

on

Could Democrats have a worse poker face?
With everyone from Jay Carney to Nancy Pelosi running around in the past few days saying no one should be talking about Benghazi, it’s clear that’s exactly what this nation needs to talk about.
An email released earlier this week through a Freedom of Information Act is a smoking gun revealing that the Obama Administration lied about the reasons behind Benghazi and covered up because of the rapidly approaching 2012 presidential election. And another memo released Thursday proves the State Department knew exactly who committed the attacks the morning after they occurred.
Going into the 2012 election, Obama was relying on the story that he had personally killed Osama bin Laden (don’t get me started on that) and that al-Qaida was running for cover around the globe.
The reality was that Obama’s Administration was shipping arms or at least allowing arms to be shipped to Libyan insurgents with known links to al-Qaida. As a report released last month put it, the Administration had switched sides in the War on Terror.
Collaborating with the enemy during wartime — that’s not a real campaign winner, and it’s a one-way ticket to impeachment, possibly prison.
As the memo briefing U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice stressed, her goal was “to underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.”
A broader failure is exactly what Benghazi was, of course, and that’s being polite.
The White House has been trying to say that the Rice memo wasn’t about Benghazi, but anyone with an IQ above a single digit knows that it was.
Now another memo has pulled the rug out from under the Administration’s lying feet. This one is from Beth Jones, the assistant secretary of state under Hillary Clinton at the time of Benghazi. The memo documents a conversation between Jones and the Libyan ambassador the day after the attack.
In it, Jones reports, “When [the Libyan Ambassador] said his government suspected that former Qaddafi regime elements carried out the attacks, I told him the group that conducted the attacks—Ansar Al Sharia—is affiliated with Islamic extremists.”
This memo, unlike the one revealed earlier in the week, was actually delivered to Congress in August under the condition it not be released publicly. Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, sought special clearance and released the memo Thursday.
The White House’s flagrant lying and covering up has even gotten notoriously lackadaisical Speaker John Boehner ticked off enough to finally call for the long-awaited special committee to investigate.
Breitbart quoted an unidentified GOP aide as saying, “The new emails released this week were the straw that broke the camel’s back. The speaker was furious to learn that the administration withheld relevant documents from a congressional subpoena. He’s sick and tired of this evasion and obstruction from the administration, and wants a solution to finally force accountability, get the truth, and provide justice.”
It’s about time.
The White House’s monkey business has now earned Secretary of State John Kerry a subpoena from House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa to testify before his committee later this month.
Issa warned Kerry that the State Department’s lack of compliance up till this point may constitute a “criminal offense.”
Boehner chimed in on the situation as well, saying, “This defiance of the House’s subpoena power is the most flagrant example yet of the Administration’s contempt for the American people’s right to know the truth about what happened when four Americans died in a fiery terrorist attack. If the White House won’t explain it, Secretary Kerry should come to the Capitol to explain why he defied an official congressional subpoena. And the White House needs to understand that this investigation will not end until the entire truth is revealed and justice and accountability are served.”
Pelosi may think that Benghazi is a “distraction,” but thanks to Democrats’ lies and evasions, aided by the media, it’s now a distraction that the White House is going to have to explain.

Don't forget to Like The Washington Sentinel on Facebook and Twitter, and visit our friends at The Republican Legion.

Become an insider!

Sign up for the free Washington Sentinel email newsletter, and we'll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Media

CNN Asks If The U.S. Military Can Intervene If Trump Doesn’t Leave Office

I love how they are asking President Trump this question when it was Democrats who actually said they would not concede.

Published

on

By

CNN Asks If The U.S. Military Can Intervene If Trump Doesn’t Leave Office

H.R. McMaster laughed in CNN’s Wolf Blitzer face when he asked a ridiculous question: “It’s so worrisome, indeed. And General, if the President were to lose the election on November 3rd, and if he were to refuse to concede — this is a hypothetical, but you’re a military guy — what role would the U.S. military have to play in that type of scenario?”

“Absolutely no role, Wolf,” H.R. McMaster firmly replied with a chuckle. “And those who suggest that the military would have any role in transition — they are being equally irresponsible.”

He invoked George Washington, who he credited for establishing a “very bold line between the military and politics” during the nation’s founding.

“The military should have nothing to do with partisan politics and nothing to do with any talk — any talk — about a transition between administrations,” McMaster told Blitzer.

“And the fact that we even have to ask a question like that is so worrisome in and of itself,” Blitzer defended his question. “I never thought I would have to ask if the U.S. military were to have to get involved in dealing with this.”

Twitter weighs in:

Continue Reading

Media

Leftist Journalist Slams Paralyzed GOP Candidate Standing To Recite Pledge Of Allegiance At RNC

So now it’s ok to kneel but it’s not ok to stand?

Published

on

By

Leftist Journalist Slams Young Paralyzed GOP Candidate Standing To Recite Pledge Of Allegiance At RNC

Madison Cawthorn standing to recite the Pledge was enough cause for PBS journalist Yamiche Alcindor to slam him on Twitter, writing: “Madison Cawthorn made it a point to stand, suggesting that all Americans to (sic) should stand during the pledge of allegiance & national anthem. It was a direct rebuke of actions by ppl — including black athletes who are currently sitting out games — protesting police brutality.”

TDW:

Madison Cawthorn, 25, the young GOP candidate for North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District, spoke Wednesday at the Republican National Convention from his wheelchair, as he has been paralyzed since the age of 18 from a car accident. At the end of his speech, Cawthorn, with the help of two men on either side of him, slowly rose to his feet to recite a brief portion of the Pledge of Allegiance.

[…]

Cawthorn began by mentioning the terrible car accident that robbed him of the use of his legs, saying, “Instantly, my hopes and dreams were seemingly destroyed. I was given a 1% chance of surviving. But thanks to the power of prayer, a very loving community, and many skilled doctors, I made it.”

“My accident has given me new eyes to see and new ears to hear; God protected my mind and my ability to speak, so I say to people who feel forgotten, ignored and invisible: I see you. I hear you,” Cawthorn stated.

He continued, “In times of peril, young people have stepped up and saved this country, abroad and at home. We held the line, scaled the cliffs, crossed oceans, liberated camps, and cracked codes. Yet today, political forces want to usher in the digital dark ages. A time of information without wisdom and tribalism without truth. National leaders on the Left have normalized emotion-based voting and a radicalized identity politics that rejects Martin Luther King’s dream. MLK’s dream is our dream: for all Americans to be judged solely on their character.” More

Social media erupts:

Continue Reading

Media

CNN’s Stelter Says They May Cut Away From The RNC If There’s ‘Disinformation’

Published

on

By

CNN’s Stelter Says They May Cut Away From The RNC If There’s ‘Disinformation’

CNN’s Brian Stelter says the network will do live ‘fact-checks’ of the Republican convention, then gets blasted for not doing the same with Democrats.

“Television nets are going to have interesting choices to make…about whether to cut away if there’s this stream of disinformation happening live.” Promises CNN will cut in with “fact” checks.

Twitter weighs in:

Continue Reading

Media

Trump Dunks On Reporter Over Not Wearing Masks: It’s A ‘Peaceful Protest’

Boom!

Published

on

By

Trump Dunks On Reporter Over Not Wearing Masks: It’s A ‘Peaceful Protest’

President Donald Trump shoots down a reporter’s claim that NJ club members violating coronavirus guidelines: ‘It’s a peaceful protest.’

“No, this is a political activity,” Trump responded as the crowd booed the reporter. “You’re wrong on that because it’s a political activity. They have exceptions … and it’s also a peaceful protest.”

Twitter EXPLODES:

Continue Reading

Media

MSNBC Ends Interview After Pro-Trump Dem Lawmaker BLASTS Him For Suggesting That He’s Getting Paid To Support Trump

OUCH!

Published

on

By

MSNBC Ends Interview After Pro-Trump Dem Lawmaker BLASTS Him For Suggesting That He’s Getting Paid To Support Trump

Democratic Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones told MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin that he is “paid to shape a liberal narrative” during a heated interview in which the lawmaker took exception to a question about whether or not he’s compensated to support President Trump.

OUCH: MSNBC Host Gets BLASTED After Suggesting Dem Lawmaker Is Paid To Support Trump

OUCH: MSNBC Host ENDS Interview after pro-Trump Democratic lawmaker BLASTS him for suggesting that he’s getting paid to support Trump

Posted by Ben Shapiro on Sunday, August 2, 2020

Vernon Jones, who is a member of Black Voices for Trump Advisory Board, was asked by MSNBC host Craig Melvin if he is paid to support Trump as a Democrat.

“Are you a paid campaign surrogate? Are you being compensated?” Craig Melvin bluntly questioned.

“Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president,” Vernon Jones shot back. “I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles.”

Jones then started to discuss how African Americans are expected to oppose Trump but Melvin cut him off. “Sir, I did not raise your race,” Melvin said as bickering intensified.

“Let me finish now. Let me finish,” Vernon Jones said.

“No, no, wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re not going to imply that I asked that question because you’re Black,” Craig Melvin responded.

“So don’t ask me that. You only ask me that because I don’t fit your narrative. I don’t want anything from this president. It’s what I can do for my country and you need to accept that many other African Americans and others support this president because of his policies. And to insult me to say am I getting paid, that is disgraceful,” Vernon Jones said

“That’s representative of MSNBC and their narrative to keep Blacks silent who happen to support this president,” Vernon Jones added. “Why can’t I be like White liberals or other Whites, nobody questions if they’re getting paid, so do you ask Democrats [if] are they getting paid? Are you getting paid by Joe Biden?”

Craig Melvin then quickly ended the interview.

Continue Reading

Media

ABC Gets Mocked For Their “Peaceful Demonstration Intensifies” Claim

Published

on

By

ABC Gets Mocked For Their "Peaceful Demonstration Intensifies" Claim

ABC got mocked after they tweeted “peaceful demonstration intensifies” about a violent incident that happened in California.

The protest in Oakland turned violent when demonstrators set fire to a courthouse, vandalized a police station and shot fireworks at officers.

Continue Reading

Media

Fox Soul Cancels Farrakhan Broadcast After Outrage On Social Media

Published

on

By

Fox Soul Cancels Farrakhan Broadcast After Outrage On Social Media

Fox Soul network won’t air the upcoming Louis Farrakhan speech after a lot of outcry on social media.

Fox Soul, which bills itself as “a live and interactive streaming channel dedicated to the African American viewer that premiered in January 2020,” announced on Monday that it will not broadcast the speech after facing backlash.

TDW:

Fox Soul, Fox TV’s streaming service targeted to black viewers, has canceled a Fourth of July program that was set to feature Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

The new network had planned to air a “Message to America” from Nation of Islam leader Farrakhan, who has been widely criticized for anti-Semitic and racist statements. Farrakhan was scheduled to deliver his remarks — dubbed “The Criterion: An Announcement to the World” — at 11 a.m. EDT on America’s birthday.

Among other widely reported comments, Farrakhan compared Jews to termites and defended the use of the phrase “death to America” on a visit to Iran in 2018.

Former New York State Assemblyman Dov Hikind, a Democrat and founder of Americans Against Antisemitism, called on Fox Soul to cancel the program.

“@AmericansAA calls upon @FOXTV to immediately cancel the planned JULY 4 broadcast of Dishonorable Minister of Hate @LouisFarrakhan on @[email protected] considers the Nation of Islam to be an extremist hate group. So why amplify this hateful voice?!#CancelFarrakhanNow!” he wrote.

Others also blasted the network for giving Farrakhan a platform. More

I’m normally against the cancel culture, but I won’t shed a tear that Louis Farrakhan got canceled. He truly deserves it!

 

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Become an insider


Best of the Month

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
 
Send this to a friend